DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Wireless

This is a discussion on DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Wireless ; Since upgrading my Acer laptop (Travelmate 2300) to XP SP3, I cannot use the Dlink utility. I receive the following error: 'The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll' I have removed and ...

  1. DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    Since upgrading my Acer laptop (Travelmate 2300) to XP SP3, I cannot use the
    Dlink utility. I receive the following error:

    'The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
    dynamic link library wlanapi.dll'
    I have removed and re-installed the drivers/software, but no improvement.
    Web search suggests compatibility problem with Dlink driver/dll.
    Whilst I still have wireless connectivity, the Dlink utilities do not work.
    It seems this is an SP3 issue - other users report the issue is resolved if
    they revert back to SP2.
    There must be a better resolution!

  2. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    either use Windows native WZC features to manage the wireless
    (uninstall the utility and keep the wireless) or contact D-Link
    support/search their downloads for a fixed version.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  3. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    Thanks for the comments.
    It seems XPSP3 adds a new version of wlanapi.dll that conflicts and replaces
    the Dlink DLL. I have written to Dlink, but am not holding my breath. The
    following appears on the 'Tech ARP' site:

    "Windows XP SP3 introduces a new .dll file that is named Wlanapi.dll.
    Certain device driver installations for some third-party wireless network
    adapters also install a Wlanapi.dll which will be replaced by SP3 resulting
    in errors.

    This error message will appear during every restart after you install
    Windows XP Service Pack 3 : "The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface
    could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

    Impact : Low – Obtaining updated drivers for the WLAN device resolves this
    issue
    KB Content : KB 950720"

    I'll check it out.

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > either use Windows native WZC features to manage the wireless
    > (uninstall the utility and keep the wireless) or contact D-Link
    > support/search their downloads for a fixed version.

  4. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    Wlanapi.dll is part of the new wireless API introduced quite long
    ago in KB918997, and now integrated into SP3.

    The Dlink package could include some other version of this dll,
    because the Microsoft's wlanapi.dll does not have export
    function named "apsSearchInterface".
    IMHO Dlink should work with MS to resolve this issue.

    Regards,
    --PA

    "Duckysan1" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the comments.
    > It seems XPSP3 adds a new version of wlanapi.dll that conflicts and
    > replaces
    > the Dlink DLL. I have written to Dlink, but am not holding my breath.
    > The
    > following appears on the 'Tech ARP' site:
    >
    > "Windows XP SP3 introduces a new .dll file that is named Wlanapi.dll.
    > Certain device driver installations for some third-party wireless network
    > adapters also install a Wlanapi.dll which will be replaced by SP3
    > resulting
    > in errors.
    >
    > This error message will appear during every restart after you install
    > Windows XP Service Pack 3 : "The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface
    > could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
    >
    > Impact : Low ?" Obtaining updated drivers for the WLAN device resolves
    > this
    > issue
    > KB Content : KB 950720"
    >
    > I'll check it out.
    >
    > "Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> either use Windows native WZC features to manage the wireless
    >> (uninstall the utility and keep the wireless) or contact D-Link
    >> support/search their downloads for a fixed version.

  5. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    It isn't just D-Link, that utility is supplied by the wireless
    chipset manufacturer and customized by multiple folks using that
    chipset. When they get bits from the source...

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 00:50:48 +0300, "Pavel A."
    wrote:

    >Wlanapi.dll is part of the new wireless API introduced quite long
    >ago in KB918997, and now integrated into SP3.
    >
    >The Dlink package could include some other version of this dll,
    >because the Microsoft's wlanapi.dll does not have export
    >function named "apsSearchInterface".
    >IMHO Dlink should work with MS to resolve this issue.
    >
    >Regards,
    >--PA
    >

    >"Duckysan1" wrote in message
    >> Thanks for the comments.
    >> It seems XPSP3 adds a new version of wlanapi.dll that conflicts and
    >> replaces
    >> the Dlink DLL. I have written to Dlink, but am not holding my breath.
    >> The
    >> following appears on the 'Tech ARP' site:
    >>
    >> "Windows XP SP3 introduces a new .dll file that is named Wlanapi.dll.
    >> Certain device driver installations for some third-party wireless network
    >> adapters also install a Wlanapi.dll which will be replaced by SP3
    >> resulting
    >> in errors.
    >>
    >> This error message will appear during every restart after you install
    >> Windows XP Service Pack 3 : "The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface
    >> could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
    >>
    >> Impact : Low ?" Obtaining updated drivers for the WLAN device resolves
    >> this
    >> issue
    >> KB Content : KB 950720"
    >>
    >> I'll check it out.
    >>
    >> "Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >>
    >>> either use Windows native WZC features to manage the wireless
    >>> (uninstall the utility and keep the wireless) or contact D-Link
    >>> support/search their downloads for a fixed version.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  6. DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    The solution is much more simpler and is reported here
    http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898

  7. DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll -Duckysan

    The solution is here
    http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898

    The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll..
    A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.

    xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

  8. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan

    "ciccio" wrote in message
    news:200859101624dsrf42qyztj6hnb@temporaryinbox.co m...
    > The solution is here
    > http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
    >
    > The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    > Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The
    > procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
    > dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".
    > A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in
    > the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will
    > be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
    >
    > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
    > "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll
    > "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

    Again, the "pre-SP3 version" makes no sense. This DLL conflict can occur
    even on SP2 with KB KB918997, so whoever maintains AirGCFG.exe is
    going to rename their DLL, or, at least, install it into their app dir
    instead of system32.

    Regards,
    --PA

  9. RE: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan

    can you please post the exact steps to fix this? I need help, thanks!

    "ciccio" wrote:

    > The solution is here
    > http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
    >
    > The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: “AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.”.
    > A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
    >
    > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

  10. RE: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan

    Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.

    "ciccio" wrote:

    > The solution is here
    > http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
    >
    > The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: “AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.”.
    > A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
    >
    > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    > xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

  11. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan

    the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
    thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
    the wireless card you are using.

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:58:00 -0700, Sergey U.
    wrote:

    >Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.
    >
    >"ciccio" wrote:
    >
    >> The solution is here
    >> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
    >>
    >> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll..
    >> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
    >>
    >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  12. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan

    Sorry, I put wrong data : indeed I have a wireless card DWL-G520 rev.B, with
    which the problem is associated ( on top of that, yes, I have a router DI-624
    but it does not relates to the issue ).

    I updated DWL-G520 rev.B driver to version 4.40 ,as prescribed on
    www.dlynk.com, for SP3 upgrades, and I still got two messages:

    AirPlusCFG.exe Entry Point Not found apsGetInterfaceCount not located in the
    dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

    WZCSLDR2.exe Entry Point Not found aosInitialize not located in the dynamic
    link library wlanapi.dll

    So, the problem looks to be same as described above.

    I tried to copy files as suggested above , did not work...

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
    > thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
    > the wireless card you are using.
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:58:00 -0700, Sergey U.
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.
    > >
    > >"ciccio" wrote:
    > >
    > >> The solution is here
    > >> http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow...s.aspx?ID=1898
    > >>
    > >> The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: “AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.”.
    > >> A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.
    > >>
    > >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    > >> xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"
    > >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  13. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan

    you don't actually need the DLink utility to manage the wireless.
    you can use Windows built in features to do that. you can uninstall
    the AirPlus config utility.

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:55:00 -0700, Sergey U.
    wrote:

    >Sorry, I put wrong data : indeed I have a wireless card DWL-G520 rev.B, with
    >which the problem is associated ( on top of that, yes, I have a router DI-624
    >but it does not relates to the issue ).
    >
    >I updated DWL-G520 rev.B driver to version 4.40 ,as prescribed on
    >www.dlynk.com, for SP3 upgrades, and I still got two messages:
    >
    >AirPlusCFG.exe Entry Point Not found apsGetInterfaceCount not located in the
    >dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
    >
    >WZCSLDR2.exe Entry Point Not found aosInitialize not located in the dynamic
    >link library wlanapi.dll
    >
    >So, the problem looks to be same as described above.
    >
    >I tried to copy files as suggested above , did not work...
    >
    >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
    >> thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
    >> the wireless card you are using.
    >>
    >> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:58:00 -0700, Sergey U.
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  14. DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    "...could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
    I had this same problem after upgrading to sp3.I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless pci adapter.(DESKTOP PC)
    A very simple fix is to:

    1.Boot in safemode with networking (F8 on start up)
    2.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
    3.You will probably find two "wlanapi.dll"
    that is: wlanapi.dll and wlanapi(2).dll
    4.wlanapi(2).dll is from sp3 (didn't overwrite
    previous one.)
    5.Delete wlanapi.dll and rename wlanapi(2).dll to
    wlanapi.dll and reboot.
    6.Worked fine for me

  15. Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll

    Get the SP3 compatible update for your D-Link software/driver.
    For details, search archive of this NG, this has been already discussed
    here.

    Regards,
    --PA

    turfsurf wrote:
    > "...could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
    > I had this same problem after upgrading to sp3.I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless pci adapter.(DESKTOP PC)
    > A very simple fix is to:
    >
    > 1.Boot in safemode with networking (F8 on start up)
    > 2.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
    > 3.You will probably find two "wlanapi.dll"
    > that is: wlanapi.dll and wlanapi(2).dll
    > 4.wlanapi(2).dll is from sp3 (didn't overwrite
    > previous one.)
    > 5.Delete wlanapi.dll and rename wlanapi(2).dll to
    > wlanapi.dll and reboot.
    > 6.Worked fine for me

+ Reply to Thread