Newbie wireless network question. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Newbie wireless network question. - Wireless ; Hi everyone, We have 4 PC's all connected wirelessly to a netgear DG834GT router and my question is this: Is there a software program that will enable me to tell what time each individual PC is used to assess the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Newbie wireless network question.

  1. Newbie wireless network question.

    Hi everyone,

    We have 4 PC's all connected wirelessly to a netgear DG834GT router and
    my question is this: Is there a software program that will enable me to
    tell what time each individual PC is used to assess the Internet during
    a 24 hour period please? It would be nice if this program did not make
    any changes to our networking setup in order to work.

    Many thanks,
    John.

  2. Re: Newbie wireless network question.

    On May 5, 7:48*pm, John wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > We have 4 PC's all connected wirelessly to a netgear DG834GT router and
    > my question is this: Is there a software program that will enable me to
    > tell what time each individual PC is used to assess the Internet during
    > a 24 hour period please? It would be nice if this program did not make
    > any changes to our networking setup in order to work.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > John.


    The only wy is to check the Netgear router since it is the only
    "common" access point. Each PC access the Internet direct only
    thorough the Netgear. You will need to cheeck the Netgear's logging
    features. Several "low-end" router does not monitor these type of
    "activity.' You might need to find a higher quality of router.

  3. Re: Newbie wireless network question.

    smlunatick wrote:
    > On May 5, 7:48 pm, John wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> We have 4 PC's all connected wirelessly to a netgear DG834GT router and
    >> my question is this: Is there a software program that will enable me to
    >> tell what time each individual PC is used to assess the Internet during
    >> a 24 hour period please? It would be nice if this program did not make
    >> any changes to our networking setup in order to work.
    >>
    >> Many thanks,
    >> John.

    >
    > The only wy is to check the Netgear router since it is the only
    > "common" access point. Each PC access the Internet direct only
    > thorough the Netgear. You will need to cheeck the Netgear's logging
    > features. Several "low-end" router does not monitor these type of
    > "activity.' You might need to find a higher quality of router.


    It doesn't look like my router stores that info I'm afraid, but thanks
    for your help.

    Regards,
    John.

  4. Newbie wireless network question.

    John wrote:
    > smlunatick wrote:
    >> On May 5, 7:48 pm, John wrote:
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> We have 4 PC's all connected wirelessly to a netgear DG834GT router and
    >>> my question is this: Is there a software program that will enable me to
    >>> tell what time each individual PC is used to assess the Internet during
    >>> a 24 hour period please? It would be nice if this program did not make
    >>> any changes to our networking setup in order to work.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks,
    >>> John.

    >>
    >> The only wy is to check the Netgear router since it is the only
    >> "common" access point. Each PC access the Internet direct only
    >> thorough the Netgear. You will need to cheeck the Netgear's logging
    >> features. Several "low-end" router does not monitor these type of
    >> "activity.' You might need to find a higher quality of router.

    >
    > It doesn't look like my router stores that info I'm afraid, but thanks
    > for your help.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    Have a look on this "Network magic ", there's a free version that can
    give you a network history for all your connected PCs, there're also pay
    versions on this link :
    http://www.networkmagic.com/nmlp/linkshare.php

  5. Re: Newbie wireless network question.

    Leo wrote:

    > Have a look on this "Network magic ", there's a free version that can
    > give you a network history for all your connected PCs, there're also pay
    > versions on this link :
    > http://www.networkmagic.com/nmlp/linkshare.php


    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

    John.

  6. Re: Newbie wireless network question.

    Hi
    Be careful with Network magic it might change your Network setup.
    In general there is No easy way to centrally monitor peer-to-peer network
    with Entry Level Network Devices. In most cases it has to be done via
    installing software on each computer and collecting the data through the
    network with applications like this one (example) http://www.netlimiter.com/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "John" wrote in message
    news:68atfhF2rkbjqU2@mid.individual.net...
    > Leo wrote:
    >
    >> Have a look on this "Network magic ", there's a free version that can
    >> give you a network history for all your connected PCs, there're also pay
    >> versions on this link :
    >> http://www.networkmagic.com/nmlp/linkshare.php

    >
    > Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    >
    > John.



  7. Re: Newbie wireless network question.

    Many thanks for the advice Jack.

    Regards,
    John.

    Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    > Be careful with Network magic it might change your Network setup.
    > In general there is No easy way to centrally monitor peer-to-peer
    > network with Entry Level Network Devices. In most cases it has to be
    > done via installing software on each computer and collecting the data
    > through the network with applications like this one (example)
    > http://www.netlimiter.com/
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "John" wrote in message
    > news:68atfhF2rkbjqU2@mid.individual.net...
    >> Leo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Have a look on this "Network magic ", there's a free version that can
    >>> give you a network history for all your connected PCs, there're also
    >>> pay versions on this link :
    >>> http://www.networkmagic.com/nmlp/linkshare.php

    >>
    >> Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    >>
    >> John.

    >


+ Reply to Thread