OK, I have an XP machine with a network, shared folders, direct ro - Wireless

This is a discussion on OK, I have an XP machine with a network, shared folders, direct ro - Wireless ; connection... al I need to do is done... But, I have a Vista laptop that recognizes my network (via a secured wireless connection) but it can't see the XP's resources... what am I doing wrong... grrrr... I know it's something ...

  1. OK, I have an XP machine with a network, shared folders, direct ro

    connection... al I need to do is done...

    But, I have a Vista laptop that recognizes my network (via a secured
    wireless connection) but it can't see the XP's resources... what am I doing
    wrong... grrrr... I know it's something dumb and sinple.

    --
    Wirelessly trying to cope with Microsoft

  2. Re: OK, I have an XP machine with a network, shared folders, direct ro

    "WTFIGO" wrote in message
    > connection... al I need to do is done...
    >
    > But, I have a Vista laptop that recognizes my network (via a secured
    > wireless connection) but it can't see the XP's resources... what am I
    > doing
    > wrong... grrrr... I know it's something dumb and sinple.
    >

    > --
    > Wirelessly trying to cope with Microsoft

    Make sure it has the same workgroup name.

    -Frank

  3. Thanks, I made the Workgroup name change and it is still doesn't s

    shared folders or printer... the XP machine is etherneted into the wireless
    router and the laptop is wireless... I should be able to see the shares on
    the XP machine, right?

  4. Re: Thanks, I made the Workgroup name change and it is still doesn't s

    "WTFIGO" wrote in message
    > shared folders or printer... the XP machine is etherneted into the
    > wireless
    > router and the laptop is wireless... I should be able to see the shares on
    > the XP machine, right?

    Make sure you are using the exact same logon name and logon pasword on both
    machine.

    Make sure that logon name (or group the userID is in) has proper share and
    file permissions.

    Make sure a firewall is not blocking access (on either machine).

    -Frank

+ Reply to Thread