Connecting to 802.11a only - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connecting to 802.11a only - Wireless ; Is there a way (via registry or otherwise) to force my Cisco wireless adapter to only connect to/recognize 802.11a wireless networks?...

  1. Connecting to 802.11a only

    Is there a way (via registry or otherwise) to force my Cisco wireless adapter
    to only connect to/recognize 802.11a wireless networks?

  2. Re: Connecting to 802.11a only

    It is only going to connect to the ones you tell it to connect to. It
    cannot connect to anything where the security on the client-side has not be
    configured.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Katheyk" wrote in message
    > Is there a way (via registry or otherwise) to force my Cisco wireless
    > adapter
    > to only connect to/recognize 802.11a wireless networks?

  3. Re: Connecting to 802.11a only

    Hi
    You can not block the system from recognizing all signal that it is capable
    of recognizing.
    You might be able to restrict it to a with the original vendor utility or if
    there is a choice entry in the Wireless card's properties (
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg ).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Katheyk" wrote in message
    > Is there a way (via registry or otherwise) to force my Cisco wireless
    > adapter
    > to only connect to/recognize 802.11a wireless networks?

+ Reply to Thread