Lost My Shared Folders - Wireless

This is a discussion on Lost My Shared Folders - Wireless ; I have a small home network, and I had a network shared folder on the desktop, and mapped to that folder on my laptops. All was working great, until a couple of days ago. Now I cannot get to the ...

  1. Lost My Shared Folders

    I have a small home network, and I had a network shared folder on the
    desktop, and mapped to that folder on my laptops.

    All was working great, until a couple of days ago. Now I cannot get to the
    shared folder, says I do not have permission or some such.

    The only change that I can think might affect is that I tried to setup an
    FTP site on my machine (failed dismally). I have deleted that, although I
    still have the IIS settings, but that seems to be the same timeframe.

    Any suggestions as to how I can track down the problem. I have XP Pro.

    TIA

    Bob

  2. Re: Lost My Shared Folders

    Bob Phillips wrote:
    > I have a small home network, and I had a network shared folder on the
    > desktop, and mapped to that folder on my laptops.
    >
    > All was working great, until a couple of days ago. Now I cannot get
    > to the shared folder, says I do not have permission or some such.
    >
    > The only change that I can think might affect is that I tried to
    > setup an FTP site on my machine (failed dismally). I have deleted
    > that, although I still have the IIS settings, but that seems to be
    > the same timeframe.
    > Any suggestions as to how I can track down the problem. I have XP Pro.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Bob

    Hi - try posting in microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web for more help as
    this isn't a wireless issue - and provide more detail, such as exact error
    messages, versions/SPs, whether or not you can ping, etc.

+ Reply to Thread