Bad connetion good signel straight using multible wifi cards - Wireless

This is a discussion on Bad connetion good signel straight using multible wifi cards - Wireless ; I am running windows xp pro sp2 and windows ME and in XP I must repair the connetion every time I boot up and wont to get on the internet. I get good signel straigth but in connetion propertys it ...

  1. Bad connetion good signel straight using multible wifi cards

    I am running windows xp pro sp2 and windows ME and in XP I must repair
    the connetion every time I boot up and wont to get on the internet. I
    get good signel straigth but in connetion propertys it says "invaild
    IP address" "limited or no connectivity" most of the time I repaire
    the connetion and go on with my session but some time I louse the
    connetion and must repair it again. also the connetion is slow at best
    and has simular problems with all cards I have tryed. Also I have
    windows ME on the same computer and I have no internet problems in
    windows ME so I know it's some thing wrong with my XP

    any Ideas
    Thomas

  2. Re: Bad connetion good signel straight using multible wifi cards

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:20:05 -0700 (PDT), tom@mywebstyle.com wrote:

    >I am running windows xp pro sp2 and windows ME and in XP I must repair
    >the connetion every time I boot up and wont to get on the internet. I
    >get good signel straigth but in connetion propertys it says "invaild
    >IP address" "limited or no connectivity" most of the time I repaire
    >the connetion and go on with my session but some time I louse the
    >connetion and must repair it again. also the connetion is slow at best
    >and has simular problems with all cards I have tryed. Also I have
    >windows ME on the same computer and I have no internet problems in
    >windows ME so I know it's some thing wrong with my XP
    >
    >any Ideas
    >Thomas

    Thomas,

    Repairing the connection isn't a magic wand, that you should have to wave it
    repeatedly over and over. If you have to do this over and over you have
    something wrong.

    If you install a new card, make sure that the drivers for the old card are not
    present. Each different manufacturer installs drivers in a different way - make
    _very_ sure that there are not any traces from another driver when you are using
    any one card.

    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006...-one-wifi.html

    And make sure that you have the most current drivers, for any card, gotten from
    the vendor of the card.

    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ft-please.html

    --
    Cheers,