PC cannot see others on network but other can see it - Wireless

This is a discussion on PC cannot see others on network but other can see it - Wireless ; I have a wireless router set up with a cable modem and two pcs connected. They see each other I have a wireless laptop which can bee seen by the above pcs but cannot see the pcs any help appreciated ...

  1. PC cannot see others on network but other can see it

    I have a wireless router set up with a cable modem and two pcs connected.
    They see each other
    I have a wireless laptop which can bee seen by the above pcs but cannot see
    the pcs

    any help appreciated

    Thanks

  2. Re: PC cannot see others on network but other can see it

    "Jack D" wrote in message
    >I have a wireless router set up with a cable modem and two pcs connected.
    > They see each other
    > I have a wireless laptop which can bee seen by the above pcs but cannot
    > see the pcs
    >
    > any help appreciated
    >
    > Thanks

    What does "see" mean to you, exactly?

    -Frank

  3. Re: PC cannot see others on network but other can see it

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jack D" wrote in message
    >I have a wireless router set up with a cable modem and two pcs connected.
    > They see each other
    > I have a wireless laptop which can bee seen by the above pcs but cannot
    > see the pcs
    >
    > any help appreciated
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: PC cannot see others on network but other can see it

    "see" means it shows up in explorer as a pc which has folders shared.

    "Frankster" wrote in message
    news:85OdnfqOH6VOw47VnZ2dnUVZ_uCdnZ2d@giganews.com ...

    > "Jack D" wrote in message
    > >I have a wireless router set up with a cable modem and two pcs connected.
    > > They see each other
    > > I have a wireless laptop which can bee seen by the above pcs but cannot
    > > see the pcs
    > >
    > > any help appreciated
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > What does "see" mean to you, exactly?