Tenn Station On My Wireless Router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Tenn Station On My Wireless Router - Wireless ; Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. All programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless BellSouth ...

  1. Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

    Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL

    1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. All
    programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
    Wireles Modem / Router.

    How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

    Thanks for your help and tips ; Novice @ New Orleans Louisiana

    COMPAQ PRESARIO S5100
    Motherboard P4G533LA ASUSTeK
    Award BIOS v6.0
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
    Memory DIMM SDRAM 1024
    Maxtor 6Y060L0 HD, External USB 75 GIG
    Creative Labs Audigy SE
    Monitor Envision ENVISION
    Wireless BellSouth DSL

  2. Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

    A guess would be poor shielding, or a defective surge limiter on the DSL
    line. Since there are also lots of other possibilities, such as bad
    grounding of the home electrical system, or even a bad cable or ground in
    the audio cables. it' sort of a who knows deal. Are the stations local?

    "New Orleans Novice" wrote in message
    > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL
    >
    > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers.

    All
    > programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    > BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
    > Wireles Modem / Router.
    >
    > How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in

    Tenn.

    > Thanks for your help and tips ; Novice @ New Orleans Louisiana
    >
    > COMPAQ PRESARIO S5100
    > Motherboard P4G533LA ASUSTeK
    > Award BIOS v6.0
    > Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
    > Memory DIMM SDRAM 1024
    > Maxtor 6Y060L0 HD, External USB 75 GIG
    > Creative Labs Audigy SE
    > Monitor Envision ENVISION
    > Wireless BellSouth DSL

  3. Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

    New Orleans Novice wrote:

    > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL
    >
    > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. All
    > programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    > BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the 1st
    > Wireles Modem / Router.
    >
    > How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

    Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
    rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).

    Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
    amplifier in the powered speaker set. You'll need a line filter to get
    rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
    transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).

    Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
    jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set? That is, plug
    in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.

  4. Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

    On Apr 20, 12:44*am, VanguardLH wrote:
    > New Orleans Novice wrote:
    > > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. *Wireless BellSouth DSL

    > > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers. *All
    > > programs are closed. *I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    > > BellSouth DSL. *I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the1st
    > > Wireles Modem / Router.

    > > How is that coming in? *Somethings the voices are in a foreign language.
    > > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in Tenn.

    > Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
    > rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).
    >
    > Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
    > amplifier in the powered speaker set. *You'll need a line filter to get
    > rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
    > transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).
    >
    > Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
    > jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set? *That is, plug
    > in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.

    I agree with this posibility. If you were to also place a GSM based
    cell phone near to your PC, you will hear a sound during the incoming
    calls (ringing.)

  5. Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

    Second, any unshielded wire can / will act just like any antenna. If you were
    to check the simple FM antennas, they are just simple copper wire.

    On 20/04/2008 smlunatick wrote:
    >On Apr 20, 12:44 am, VanguardLH wrote:
    >> New Orleans Novice wrote:
    >> > Tenn Station On My Wireless Router. Wireless BellSouth DSL

    >> > 1 or 2 times per week I hear a radio or TV station in my PC spealkers.

    > All
    >> > programs are closed. I have a Wireless Modem / Router with Wireless
    >> > BellSouth DSL. I also have a 2nd wireless USR Router connected to the

    > 1st
    >> > Wireles Modem / Router.

    >> > How is that coming in? Somethings the voices are in a foreign languag

    >e.
    >> > This week I heard the call letters very loud and clear of a station in T

    >enn.
    >>
    >> Use shielded speaker wires (if you get to select which ones to use
    >> rather than being permanently attached to the speakers).
    >>
    >> Could be coming through the power lines up the power cord to the
    >> amplifier in the powered speaker set. You'll need a line filter to get
    >> rid of that, or a UPS might work (if it incorporates an isolation
    >> transformer which means it'll be heavier than just the battery inside).
    >>
    >> Same happen if you hook up a set of unpowered headphones to the same
    >> jacks as to where you connected the powered speaker set? That is, plug
    >> in headphones into the audio out jack on the computer.

    >I agree with this posibility. If you were to also place a GSM based
    >cell phone near to your PC, you will hear a sound during the incoming
    >calls (ringing.)

  6. Re: Tenn Station On My Wireless Router

    Thanks everyone for all the help. You'all come by and get some gumbo

+ Reply to Thread