Unable to "access" PC on Home Network : No Access Permission - Wireless

This is a discussion on Unable to "access" PC on Home Network : No Access Permission - Wireless ; I have set up a home wireless network with a desktop (running XP Pro) and 3 laptops (2 x XP Home & 1 x Vista Home Premium). All machines can "see" each other and able to access every other PC ...

  1. Unable to "access" PC on Home Network : No Access Permission

    I have set up a home wireless network with a desktop (running XP Pro) and 3
    laptops (2 x XP Home & 1 x Vista Home Premium). All machines can "see" each
    other and able to access every other PC on the network, except: None of the
    laptops can explore the desktop. All come up with the same message that the
    desktop is not accessible. Access is denied and I do not have access
    permissions.

    I am running all machines with my user account and full administration rights.

    I have been through the Microsoft Help and Support but have not found a
    solution. My guess is that it is some setting in Network Connections on the
    Desktop that is causing the problem but despite trying various things, I have
    not got an answer.

    Any help with this would be much appreciated.

  2. Re: Unable to "access" PC on Home Network : No Access Permission

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "GoldHawk" wrote in message
    >I have set up a home wireless network with a desktop (running XP Pro) and 3
    > laptops (2 x XP Home & 1 x Vista Home Premium). All machines can "see"
    > each
    > other and able to access every other PC on the network, except: None of
    > the
    > laptops can explore the desktop. All come up with the same message that
    > the
    > desktop is not accessible. Access is denied and I do not have access
    > permissions.
    >
    > I am running all machines with my user account and full administration
    > rights.
    >
    > I have been through the Microsoft Help and Support but have not found a
    > solution. My guess is that it is some setting in Network Connections on
    > the
    > Desktop that is causing the problem but despite trying various things, I
    > have
    > not got an answer.
    >
    > Any help with this would be much appreciated.

  3. Re: Unable to "access" PC on Home Network : No Access Permission

    I will check all of this out. With thanks.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > allowed to be shared.
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    > Windows XP File Sharing -
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "GoldHawk" wrote in message
    > >I have set up a home wireless network with a desktop (running XP Pro) and 3
    > > laptops (2 x XP Home & 1 x Vista Home Premium). All machines can "see"
    > > each
    > > other and able to access every other PC on the network, except: None of
    > > the
    > > laptops can explore the desktop. All come up with the same message that
    > > the
    > > desktop is not accessible. Access is denied and I do not have access
    > > permissions.
    > >
    > > I am running all machines with my user account and full administration
    > > rights.
    > >
    > > I have been through the Microsoft Help and Support but have not found a
    > > solution. My guess is that it is some setting in Network Connections on
    > > the
    > > Desktop that is causing the problem but despite trying various things, I
    > > have
    > > not got an answer.
    > >
    > > Any help with this would be much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread