Wireless netwk IF disabled - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless netwk IF disabled - Wireless ; After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from there ...

  1. Wireless netwk IF disabled

    After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
    after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
    disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
    there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
    devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If I
    try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks, no
    network is found. I alsways have to reboot.

    This definetely happened after SP1

  2. Re: Wireless netwk IF disabled

    "Andreas Y." wrote in message
    > After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
    > after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
    > disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
    > there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
    > devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If
    > I try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks,
    > no network is found. I alsways have to reboot.

    Can you get the latest driver from the manufactorer?
    Then, remove the nic from Device Manager (or even better, remove all driver
    files with pnputil)
    and reinstall.

    --PA

  3. Re: Wireless netwk IF disabled

    try a driver rollback from device manager.

    please post the text output from ipconfig /all
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  4. Re: Wireless netwk IF disabled

    I haven't updated my driver so this is not an option.

    "Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    > try a driver rollback from device manager.
    >
    > please post the text output from ipconfig /all
    > http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    >
    > On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:19:33 +0300, "Andreas Y."
    > wrote:
    >
    >>After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
    >>after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
    >>disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
    >>there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
    >>devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If
    >>try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks,
    >>no
    >>network is found. I alsways have to reboot.
    >>
    >>This definetely happened after SP1

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  5. Re: Wireless netwk IF disabled

    did you check in device manager to see if SP1 installed a newer
    driver?

    you didn't post the ipconfig /all output

    On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:26:47 +0300, "Andreas Y."
    wrote:

    >I haven't updated my driver so this is not an option.
    >

    >"Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    >> try a driver rollback from device manager.
    >>
    >> please post the text output from ipconfig /all
    >> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    >>
    >> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:19:33 +0300, "Andreas Y."
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>After SP1, my wireless NIC is displayed in "limited connectivity" status
    >>>after the computer locks up. When I re-login to unlock it is shown as
    >>>disabled in the network connections window but if I try to enable it from
    >>>there the computer freezes. Sometimes it cannot even shut down. In network
    >>>devices it doesn't show disabled but still I cannot do anything there. If
    >>>try to repair the connection, it doesn't help. If I search for networks,
    >>>no
    >>>network is found. I alsways have to reboot.
    >>>
    >>>This definetely happened after SP1

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS-MVP