WCN UFD, Question ?? - Wireless

This is a discussion on WCN UFD, Question ?? - Wireless ; Hi, I'm testing WCN UFD and especially the File generated Wsetting.WFC. I try to vary (manually) differents values of elements on the Wsetting.WFC then I observe the interpretation of Pcs when running the setupSNK.exe from UFD. Tests results: PCs don't ...

  1. WCN UFD, Question ??

    Hi,
    I'm testing WCN UFD and especially the File generated Wsetting.WFC. I
    try to vary (manually) differents values of elements on the
    Wsetting.WFC then I observe the interpretation of Pcs when running the
    setupSNK.exe from UFD.

    Tests results:
    PCs don't accept the authenticateType element values bellow:

    shared, WPA, WPA-NONE, WPA2, WPA2PSK

    They don't accept also this couple of value:

    authenticateType = WPAPSK encryption = AES

    The question is:
    Does WCN really support these authenticateType elements values:
    shared, WPA, WPA-NONE ,WPA2,WPA2PSK

    I note that these values are indicated on the WCN-UFD specification.

    thank you very much.

  2. Re: WCN UFD, Question ??

    Hi
    WPA2PSK is the same as, authenticate Type = WPAPSK encryption = AES
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Amira EL OUDI" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm testing WCN UFD and especially the File generated Wsetting.WFC. I
    > try to vary (manually) differents values of elements on the
    > Wsetting.WFC then I observe the interpretation of Pcs when running the
    > setupSNK.exe from UFD.
    >
    > Tests results:
    > PCs don't accept the authenticateType element values bellow:
    >
    > shared, WPA, WPA-NONE, WPA2, WPA2PSK
    >
    > They don't accept also this couple of value:
    >
    > authenticateType = WPAPSK encryption = AES
    >
    > The question is:
    > Does WCN really support these authenticateType elements values:
    > shared, WPA, WPA-NONE ,WPA2,WPA2PSK
    >

    > I note that these values are indicated on the WCN-UFD specification.
    >

    > thank you very much.

  3. WCN UFD, Question : ever get an answer?

    i have similar questions. did anyone ever get back with you?

  4. Re: WCN UFD, Question : ever get an answer?

    andy parsons wrote:
    > i have similar questions. did anyone ever get back with you?

    Hi, Andy - this is a usenet group, not a forum. You need to reply in an
    existing thread or at least ensure you're including the quoted text in your
    reply, or nobody will know what you're talking about. Additionally, answers
    are expected to be posted in the group, not sent as individual email
    messages, so if you didn't see a reply, there likely wasn't one. See "Help
    us to help you" - http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

+ Reply to Thread