can't connect to specific wlan - Wireless

This is a discussion on can't connect to specific wlan - Wireless ; Hi Create a New WEP Hex key in the Wireless Router and paste it to the Computer's Wireless manger. http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep BTW, WEP is not good security, use WPA. Jack (MVP-Networking). "Air" wrote in message news:8C030255-EC23-49F6-AF4E-430140F4C89F@microsoft.com... > hi: > > My ...

  1. Re: can't connect to specific wlan

    "Air" wrote in message
    > hi:
    >
    > My dell laptop has stopped being able to connect to my ATT WLAN running
    > WEP.
    > It CAN connect to other WLANs unencrypted or using WPA. There is something
    > corrupt but I'm not sure where to look.
    >
    > A :-)

  2. can't connect to specific wlan

    hi:

    My dell laptop has stopped being able to connect to my ATT WLAN running WEP.
    It CAN connect to other WLANs unencrypted or using WPA. There is something
    corrupt but I'm not sure where to look.

    A :-)

  3. Re: can't connect to specific wlan

    Unfortunately, it's an older model 2Wire given with an ATT DSL acct.
    I'm not sure I can get into the modem/router to change the HEX key.
    Otherwise, I would used WPA.

    Thanks for the Info. :-)

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Create a New WEP Hex key in the Wireless Router and paste it to the
    > Computer's Wireless manger.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep
    > BTW, WEP is not good security, use WPA.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Air" wrote in message
    > > hi:
    > >
    > > My dell laptop has stopped being able to connect to my ATT WLAN running
    > > WEP.
    > > It CAN connect to other WLANs unencrypted or using WPA. There is something
    > > corrupt but I'm not sure where to look.
    > >
    > > A :-)

+ Reply to Thread