Refresh network list - Wireless

This is a discussion on Refresh network list - Wireless ; I have my wireless network set up as a preferred network. When I turn on my computer the WLAN connection is established automatically. If the computer leaves the range of the WLAN and get back to the range the connection ...

  1. Refresh network list

    I have my wireless network set up as a preferred network. When I turn on my
    computer the WLAN connection is established automatically. If the computer
    leaves the range of the WLAN and get back to the range the connection is not
    established automatically. I need to click on the "Refresh network list" in
    order to have the connection again. Is thera a setting in XP/Vista that
    controlls how often is the "Refresh network list" done or is this done only
    on turning the computer on?

  2. Re: Refresh network list

    Hi
    If the Wireless connected to other SSID while away from you SSID ii might
    stay with the other.
    Make sue that your SSID is a the top (or the only one) on the Preferred
    Networks in the Wireless properties.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "dekac99" wrote in message
    >I have my wireless network set up as a preferred network. When I turn on my
    > computer the WLAN connection is established automatically. If the computer
    > leaves the range of the WLAN and get back to the range the connection is
    > not
    > established automatically. I need to click on the "Refresh network list"
    > in
    > order to have the connection again. Is thera a setting in XP/Vista that
    > controlls how often is the "Refresh network list" done or is this done
    > only
    > on turning the computer on?

  3. Re: Refresh network list

    Hi,

    Would it be possible to change WZC's Scan Interval setting?. By default the
    Scan Interval is 60 sec.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > If the Wireless connected to other SSID while away from you SSID ii might
    > stay with the other.
    > Make sue that your SSID is a the top (or the only one) on the Preferred
    > Networks in the Wireless properties.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "dekac99" wrote in message
    > >I have my wireless network set up as a preferred network. When I turn on my
    > > computer the WLAN connection is established automatically. If the computer
    > > leaves the range of the WLAN and get back to the range the connection is
    > > not
    > > established automatically. I need to click on the "Refresh network list"
    > > in
    > > order to have the connection again. Is thera a setting in XP/Vista that
    > > controlls how often is the "Refresh network list" done or is this done
    > > only
    > > on turning the computer on?

+ Reply to Thread