dhcp gives ip in wrong range to laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on dhcp gives ip in wrong range to laptop - Wireless ; for some reason my laptop running WinXP SP2 is connecting to my office wireless router/access point and is obtaining via DHCP an ip address of 192.168.2.xx which is on the wrong subnet. It should be the same as all the ...

  1. dhcp gives ip in wrong range to laptop

    for some reason my laptop running WinXP SP2 is connecting to my office
    wireless router/access point and is obtaining via DHCP an ip address of
    192.168.2.xx which is on the wrong subnet. It should be the same as all the
    other machines 192.168.0.xx. It certainly used to .
    I have tried restarting the laptop and the access point several times. I
    have also tried ipconfig/release and renew.
    The only way I can get it to connect is to assign a manual ip address.
    All other machines connect with dhcp and get the correct ip address in the
    right range.
    any ideas pls?

  2. Re: dhcp gives ip in wrong range to laptop

    On Mar 9, 9:53*pm, "-keevill-" wrote:
    > for some reason my laptop running WinXP SP2 is connecting to my office
    > wireless router/access point and is obtaining via DHCP an ip address of
    > 192.168.2.xx which is on the wrong subnet. It should be the same as all the
    > other machines 192.168.0.xx. It certainly used to .
    > I have tried restarting the laptop and the access point several times. I
    > have also tried ipconfig/release and renew.
    > The only way I can get it to connect is to assign a manual ip address.
    > All other machines connect with dhcp and get the correct ip address in the
    > right range.
    > any ideas pls?

    You need to check inside the router's / access point's configuration
    so as to see what is the exact range of the DHCP service. It seems
    the wireless (WiFi) section may have the wrong address range or your
    laptop is accessing the wrong router / access point.
    .

+ Reply to Thread