Can't connect to internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't connect to internet - Wireless ; I have 2 PCs in my house both connected via wireless router to cable modem. A desktop running XP and a laptop running Vista. The desktop will connect to the network and internet without a problem. The laptop connects to ...

  1. Can't connect to internet

    I have 2 PCs in my house both connected via wireless router to cable
    modem. A desktop running XP and a laptop running Vista. The desktop
    will connect to the network and internet without a problem. The
    laptop connects to the network but cannot access the internet. I've
    tried reseting the router, modem, rebooting but nothing seems to be
    working.

  2. Re: Can't connect to internet

    On Mar 5, 12:54*pm, hellboy wrote:
    > I have 2 PCs in my house both connected via wireless router to cable
    > modem. *A desktop running XP and a laptop running Vista. *The desktop
    > will connect to the network and internet without a problem. *The
    > laptop connects to the network but cannot access the internet. *I've
    > tried reseting the *router, modem, rebooting but nothing seems to be
    > working.

    There is info that some routers DHCP sercices are not completely
    compatible with Vista .

  3. Re: Can't connect to internet

    Hi
    Can you elaborate on what "Can connect to the network" actually means?
    Can you transfer Files between the two computers?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "hellboy" wrote in message
    >I have 2 PCs in my house both connected via wireless router to cable
    > modem. A desktop running XP and a laptop running Vista. The desktop
    > will connect to the network and internet without a problem. The
    > laptop connects to the network but cannot access the internet. I've
    > tried reseting the router, modem, rebooting but nothing seems to be
    > working.

+ Reply to Thread