cannot set up remote printer - Wireless

This is a discussion on cannot set up remote printer - Wireless ; Trying to setup a remote printer. At the remote pc, Control Panel>Printer&Fax>add a printer>browse for a printer>"Microsoft windows network>'epson" click next... givesa message that it cannot connect to the printer. Question why? The remote pc can connect ot the internet ...

  1. cannot set up remote printer

    Trying to setup a remote printer. At the remote pc, Control
    Panel>Printer&Fax>add a printer>browse for a printer>"Microsoft windows
    network>'epson" click next... givesa message that it cannot connect to the
    printer. Question why? The remote pc can connect ot the internet wirelessly
    and both pc have the same workgroup name "WORKGROUP'. The printer is
    connected to the first pc and I can print .There is no mistake in the name of
    the printer. Please help.

  2. Re: cannot set up remote printer

    ramwood600 wrote:
    > Trying to setup a remote printer. At the remote pc, Control
    > Panel>Printer&Fax>add a printer>browse for a printer>"Microsoft
    > windows network>'epson" click next... givesa message that it cannot
    > connect to the printer. Question why? The remote pc can connect ot
    > the internet wirelessly and both pc have the same workgroup name
    > "WORKGROUP'. The printer is connected to the first pc and I can print
    > .There is no mistake in the name of the printer. Please help.

    Make sure you:

    .....shared the printer on the first PC
    .....enabled file/printer sharing and allowed it through the firewall
    .....on the 2nd PC, try opening \\computername (for the first PC) and see if
    your shares are visible
    .....if they are, and you can see the printer share, right-click / connnect.

    Note that your question doesn't really pertain to wireless networking at
    all, even if this is wireless....so I'd suggest you post further questions
    or followups in microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.

+ Reply to Thread