discover an IP address - Wireless

This is a discussion on discover an IP address - Wireless ; I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. ...

  1. discover an IP address

    I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    could be anything.

  2. Re: discover an IP address

    On Feb 29, 8:42*am, markdavidson wrote:
    > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > could be anything.

    Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    return the unit back to the factory default settings. Then, following
    the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

  3. Re: discover an IP address

    On Feb 29, 8:22*am, smlunatick wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 8:42*am, markdavidson wrote:
    >
    > > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > > could be anything.

    > Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    > return the unit back to the factory default settings. *Then, following
    > the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

    this thing is a paper weight...i.e. corrupted firmware i believe
    i actually foud the ip, but now netgear doesnt have a firmware
    download for this thing (wg602v4)

  4. Re: discover an IP address

    On Feb 29, 12:24*pm, markdavidson wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 8:22*am, smlunatick wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 29, 8:42*am, markdavidson wrote:

    > > > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > > > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > > > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > > > could be anything.

    > > Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    > > return the unit back to the factory default settings. *Then, following
    > > the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

    > this thing is a paper weight...i.e. corrupted firmware i believe
    > i actually foud the ip, but now netgear doesnt have a firmware
    > download for this thing (wg602v4)

    I would try to do the unit reset before junking it. Firmware do not
    corrupt itself (especially since you state that there is not a
    firmware update.)

  5. Re: discover an IP address

    Hi
    It is Not clear what are your expectations. I.e what do you think would
    happen if you just keep complaining about "paper weight".
    You want to try to revive the thing do as suggested above.
    Otherwise (today) this is only $7.99 after rebate and free ship,
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "markdavidson" wrote in message
    On Feb 29, 8:22 am, smlunatick wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 8:42 am, markdavidson wrote:
    >
    > > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > > could be anything.

    > Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    > return the unit back to the factory default settings. Then, following
    > the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

    this thing is a paper weight...i.e. corrupted firmware i believe
    i actually foud the ip, but now netgear doesnt have a firmware
    download for this thing (wg602v4)

+ Reply to Thread