Cannot Map to Printer (via a wireless connection) - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot Map to Printer (via a wireless connection) - Wireless ; I am not sure if this is a wireless issue or an XP issue, so I will post this to both groups. I have a printer connected to a Win2K computer, which is setup as a share printer. I also ...

  1. Cannot Map to Printer (via a wireless connection)

    I am not sure if this is a wireless issue or an XP issue, so I will post this to both groups. I have a printer connected to a Win2K computer, which is setup as a share printer. I also have a wireless laptop computer that is running Win XP Home Edition.

    The laptop can map a drive to all of the drives that are associated to the Win2K computer, but cannot map to the printer. The laptop used to connect (through mapping) to the printer, but recently it has lost its connection (which I suspect is due to an update). Does anyone (I don't care if you are an MVP) have a possible solution for this issue?

    Thank you,

    Ron Storey

  2. Re: Cannot Map to Printer (via a wireless connection)

    On Feb 28, 10:25*pm, "Ron Storey" wrote:
    > I am not sure if this is a wireless issue or an XP issue, so I will post this to both groups. I have a printer connected to a Win2K computer, which issetup as a share printer. *I also have a wireless laptop computer that isrunning Win XP Home Edition. *
    >
    > The laptop can map a drive to all of the drives that are associated to theWin2K computer, but cannot map to the printer. *The laptop used to connect (through mapping) to the printer, but recently it has lost its connection (which I suspect is due to an update). *Does anyone (I don't care if you are an MVP) have a possible solution for this issue?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Ron Storey

    Are the two PCs connected between each other or do you have a router?

  3. Re: Cannot Map to Printer (via a wireless connection)

    The two PCs are connected via a Linksys Wireless Router

    "smlunatick" wrote in message
    On Feb 28, 10:25 pm, "Ron Storey" wrote:
    > I am not sure if this is a wireless issue or an XP issue, so I will post

    this to both groups. I have a printer connected to a Win2K computer, which
    is setup as a share printer. I also have a wireless laptop computer that is
    running Win XP Home Edition.

    > The laptop can map a drive to all of the drives that are associated to the

    Win2K computer, but cannot map to the printer. The laptop used to connect
    (through mapping) to the printer, but recently it has lost its connection
    (which I suspect is due to an update). Does anyone (I don't care if you are
    an MVP) have a possible solution for this issue?

    > Thank you,
    >
    > Ron Storey

    Are the two PCs connected between each other or do you have a router?

+ Reply to Thread