netgear wg602 and sony IPELA - Wireless

This is a discussion on netgear wg602 and sony IPELA - Wireless ; i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602 AP my question is how do i set these up? i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or wireless. ...

  1. netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

    i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
    AP my question is how do i set these up?
    i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
    wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
    barking up the wrong tree?
    i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
    routers? any place for me to start looking would be great

  2. Re: netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

    Hi
    You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on what
    the Camera do.
    Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the set
    the Router (or and Windows).
    Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
    is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
    > AP my question is how do i set these up?
    > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
    > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
    > barking up the wrong tree?
    > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
    > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great

  3. Re: netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

    On Feb 28, 3:25*pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on what
    > the Camera do.
    > Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the set
    > the Router (or and Windows).
    > Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
    > is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > wrote in message

    > >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
    > > AP my question is how do i set these up?
    > > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
    > > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
    > > barking up the wrong tree?
    > > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
    > > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great- Hide quoted text -

    yes the camera has a web interface and i have set the IP statically.
    I have left encryption off till i get things going.
    it seems that it should be a simple thing to do,
    turn the camera on...browse to its IP, wired or wireless

  4. Re: netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

    Hi
    If your Router has the DHCP On make sure that the static IP is out of the
    range of the DHCP.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote:
    > Hi
    > You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on
    > what
    > the Camera do.
    > Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the
    > set
    > the Router (or and Windows).
    > Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
    > is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > wrote in message

    > >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
    > > AP my question is how do i set these up?
    > > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
    > > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
    > > barking up the wrong tree?
    > > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
    > > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great- Hide quoted
    > > text -

    yes the camera has a web interface and i have set the IP statically.
    I have left encryption off till i get things going.
    it seems that it should be a simple thing to do,
    turn the camera on...browse to its IP, wired or wireless

  5. Re: netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

    On Feb 28, 6:15*pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > If your Router has the DHCP On make sure that the static IP is out of the
    > range of the DHCP.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "markdavidson" wrote in message

    > On Feb 28, 3:25 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on
    > > what
    > > the Camera do.
    > > Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the
    > > set
    > > the Router (or and Windows).
    > > Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
    > > is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > > wrote in message

    > > >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
    > > > AP my question is how do i set these up?
    > > > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
    > > > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
    > > > barking up the wrong tree?
    > > > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
    > > > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great- Hide quoted
    > > > text -

    > yes the camera has a web interface and i have set the IP statically.
    > I have left encryption off till i get things going.
    > it seems that it should be a simple thing to do,
    > turn the camera on...browse to its IP, wired or wireless- Hide quoted text-

    no i dont have DHCP enabled

+ Reply to Thread