another posting of someone that cannot connect to wireless - Wireless

This is a discussion on another posting of someone that cannot connect to wireless - Wireless ; Hello: My wife's laptop here at our house all of a sudden cannot connect to our Linksys wireless. My laptop can. (Thank goodness, since I'm the one that works from home and pays our bills!) Anyway, we do not have ...

  1. another posting of someone that cannot connect to wireless

    Hello:

    My wife's laptop here at our house all of a sudden cannot connect to our
    Linksys wireless. My laptop can. (Thank goodness, since I'm the one that
    works from home and pays our bills!)

    Anyway, we do not have her laptop's manual and it is at least a four-year
    old Satelite laptop with XP sp2. So, there is no tech support there like
    there is for my Dell.

    She can connect to the internet if she connects directly into the Linksys.

    We tried all of the usual steps to fix: Restoring XP to a point before this
    happened, doing ipconfig /release, renew, rebooting the network and the
    laptop, and disabling and reenabling the wireless adapter through Device
    Manager.

    When we go to Wireless Networking on her laptop, it says "no networks found
    within range".

    Any ideas? Could it be that the wireless adapter is just "gone" and we need
    to go to Best Buy and get a new one?

    Thanks!

    childofthe1980s

  2. Re: another posting of someone that cannot connect to wireless

    "childofthe1980s" wrote in
    message news:C051EB96-DCF1-4831-B664-0797B1C504BD@microsoft.com...
    > Hello:
    >
    > My wife's laptop here at our house all of a sudden cannot connect to our
    > Linksys wireless. My laptop can. (Thank goodness, since I'm the one that
    > works from home and pays our bills!)
    >
    > Anyway, we do not have her laptop's manual and it is at least a four-year
    > old Satelite laptop with XP sp2. So, there is no tech support there like
    > there is for my Dell.
    >
    > She can connect to the internet if she connects directly into the Linksys.
    >
    > We tried all of the usual steps to fix: Restoring XP to a point before
    > this
    > happened, doing ipconfig /release, renew, rebooting the network and the
    > laptop, and disabling and reenabling the wireless adapter through Device
    > Manager.
    >
    > When we go to Wireless Networking on her laptop, it says "no networks
    > found
    > within range".
    >
    > Any ideas? Could it be that the wireless adapter is just "gone" and we
    > need
    > to go to Best Buy and get a new one?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > childofthe1980s

    aa
    You might want to make sure that your wifes wireless or wireless antenna is
    turned on, on some satelite laptops it is a switch on the side of the
    computer.

  3. Re: another posting of someone that cannot connect to wireless

    John Lee:

    Thank you! You're right! The Satelite has a switch that was turned off.
    Once I turned it back on, all was good! That worked!!!!

    Speaking of good, you're "it"!!!!!!

    Thank you so much!!!!

    childofthe1980s

    "John Lee Brown" wrote:

    > "childofthe1980s" wrote in
    > message news:C051EB96-DCF1-4831-B664-0797B1C504BD@microsoft.com...
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > My wife's laptop here at our house all of a sudden cannot connect to our
    > > Linksys wireless. My laptop can. (Thank goodness, since I'm the one that
    > > works from home and pays our bills!)
    > >
    > > Anyway, we do not have her laptop's manual and it is at least a four-year
    > > old Satelite laptop with XP sp2. So, there is no tech support there like
    > > there is for my Dell.
    > >
    > > She can connect to the internet if she connects directly into the Linksys.
    > >
    > > We tried all of the usual steps to fix: Restoring XP to a point before
    > > this
    > > happened, doing ipconfig /release, renew, rebooting the network and the
    > > laptop, and disabling and reenabling the wireless adapter through Device
    > > Manager.
    > >
    > > When we go to Wireless Networking on her laptop, it says "no networks
    > > found
    > > within range".
    > >
    > > Any ideas? Could it be that the wireless adapter is just "gone" and we
    > > need
    > > to go to Best Buy and get a new one?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > childofthe1980s

    > aa
    > You might want to make sure that your wifes wireless or wireless antenna is
    > turned on, on some satelite laptops it is a switch on the side of the
    > computer.

  4. Re: another posting of someone that cannot connect to wireless

    "childofthe1980s" wrote in
    message news:AA945E21-4C6E-4E3F-A70D-2FA292C2E68B@microsoft.com...

    You are entirely welcome.

+ Reply to Thread