Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router - Wireless ; Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?...

  1. Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

    Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the computer
    with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

  2. Re: Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

    Hi
    Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Marathon" wrote in message

    > Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the
    > computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

  3. Re: Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

    Oops, my bad.

    The extender is the wrE54g.

    TIA!

    > Hi
    > Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Marathon" wrote in message
    >>

    >> Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the
    >> computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

  4. Re: Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

    Ho
    It would work with the WRT54G.
    The G PCI work with the wre34g too.
    Usually Extenders (Repeaters) need a Matching Wireless Router. I am not
    sure whether the wrt300N being Drat-N would work with the wre54G, best is to
    email Linksys support and ask.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Marathon" wrote in message
    > Oops, my bad.
    >
    > The extender is the wrE54g.
    >
    > TIA!
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Marathon" wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the
    >>> computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

  5. Re: Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

    Thanks,

    Will try them.

    > Ho
    > It would work with the WRT54G.
    > The G PCI work with the wre34g too.
    > Usually Extenders (Repeaters) need a Matching Wireless Router. I am not
    > sure whether the wrt300N being Drat-N would work with the wre54G, best is
    > to email Linksys support and ask.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Marathon" wrote in message
    >> Oops, my bad.
    >>
    >> The extender is the wrE54g.
    >>
    >> TIA!
    >>

    >> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
    >>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>>
    >>> "Marathon" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread