Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) / WCN-UFD and WPA-RADIUS@ WinXP - Wireless

This is a discussion on Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) / WCN-UFD and WPA-RADIUS@ WinXP - Wireless ; Hello List! I searched a way, to deploy my WLAN settings for XP Clients. After search this Group i found this thread who defines how we can do a auto setup the Wireless Settings: news:A31BCBA5-B036-479E-89E3-6CD47FA6A46C@microsoft.com Now i try to setup ...

  1. Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) / WCN-UFD and WPA-RADIUS@ WinXP

    Hello List!

    I searched a way, to deploy my WLAN settings for XP Clients. After
    search this Group i found this thread who defines how we can do a auto
    setup the Wireless Settings:

    Now i try to setup with the wizard the WPA-Radius, but it has no option
    for it. After searching the web, i found the spec for the Wsetting.wfc file:

    For XP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/Rally/WCN-UFD_XPspec.mspx

    For Vista:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo..._Vistaspec.doc

    Now i followed the Definitions and build the follow file:

    xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/provisioning/WirelessProfile/2004"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.microsoft.com/provisioning/WirelessProfile/2004
    WSETTING.xsd">

    0007089E-3226-48AD-B771-12B3E8537686
    0B4E59B8-8317-46B2-B8C2-C46850162E6C
    Microsoft Wireless Network Setup Wizard

    RSR
    ESS
    infrastructure

    WPA
    TKIP
    00000000000000
    1
    1
    PEAP-EAP-TLS

    But the problem is, that XP+SP2 don't read/interpret the file correctly.
    I get only the Error Message:

    Es wurden keine Informationen gefunden, die zum Einrichten des Netzwerks
    erforderlich sind bzw. die Informationen sind nicht verwendbar. Führen
    Sie den Assistenten erneut auf dem ursprünglichen Computer aus.

    (Sorry - thats the Original German Error Message - I try to translate)

    No Information found, for Setup the Network btw. the information are not
    useful. ......

    In the Documentation is the XML Schema for this file. I validated this
    file against the schema and found no error.

    My next try was with the same usb stick and the same files on a Vista
    Notebook. Result: All ok: The files created my Wireless Network
    Connection (But some tasks are left: Cert, and some check boxes - @ MS:
    this stuff should also integrated!!)

    My Result: There is no way, to make a silent Wireless Setup with RADUIS
    for Users with don't have any know how!

    Thomas Creutz

  2. Re: Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) / WCN-UFD and WPA-RADIUS @ WinXP

    Hi
    To you have a central server run RADIUS?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

  3. Re: Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) / WCN-UFD and WPA-RADIUS@ WinXP

    Jack (MVP-Networking). schrieb:
    > Hi
    > To you have a central server run RADIUS?

    yes. i have a ms ias server with ad who runnng radius.

    But the problem is, that some users have a own notebook from home and
    will connect to the network.

    But some user dont have knowlege about windows and cant run setup this
    stuff.

    So i search a way, to make a Setup for it, that the user can set up the
    radius connection over exe/script/some other tool.

    But i cant find any solution for it!

    Thomas Creutz

+ Reply to Thread