Problem with USB wireless modem - Wireless

This is a discussion on Problem with USB wireless modem - Wireless ; Hello, My 2 years old PC is installed with Windows XP SP2 and it has several USP interfaces. Everything works fine except one problem with the USB interface that I cannot fix for long time. I am using one of ...

  1. Problem with USB wireless modem

    Hello,

    My 2 years old PC is installed with Windows XP SP2 and it has several
    USP interfaces. Everything works fine except one problem with the USB
    interface that I cannot fix for long time.

    I am using one of the USB interface for the wireless connection to my
    cable modem for internet access. It works fine if I do nothing with
    other USB interface. But wireless connection will be gone if I unplug
    any devices from other USB interface. I have to unplug the wireless
    modem and replug it back to the USB to get it work again. I have tried
    many things with no luck so far. I appreciate it if you can give me
    any help. Thanks.

    John

  2. Re: Problem with USB wireless modem

    On Feb 14, 3:42*pm, johnx...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My 2 years old PC is installed with Windows XP SP2 and it has several
    > USP interfaces. Everything works fine except one problem with the USB
    > interface that I cannot fix for long time.
    >
    > I am using one of the USB interface for the wireless connection to my
    > cable modem for internet access. It works fine if I do nothing with
    > other USB interface. But wireless connection will be gone if I unplug
    > any devices from other USB interface. I have to unplug the wireless
    > modem and replug it back to the USB to get it work again. I have tried
    > many things with no luck so far. I appreciate it if you can give me
    > any help. Thanks.
    >
    > John

    I had the "exact" problem with my USB wireless! Double check the USB
    ports so as the see which controller chips it uses. I had a ALi based
    USB ports which were constantly loosing my wireless acess. ALi (Acer
    Labs) seems to be "known" for USB port problems since a lot of USB
    device vendors port "work arounds" for these chips. I was luck to be
    able to replace the ALi ports with a NEC based controller and all is
    well since.

+ Reply to Thread