SP Pro SP2 needs double input of WPA key - Wireless

This is a discussion on SP Pro SP2 needs double input of WPA key - Wireless ; Hi, From my all previous experiences I know always while creating a password (regardless what this password is for) one have to enter this one twice in order to avoid typos. There is no sense to have to invoke a ...

  1. SP Pro SP2 needs double input of WPA key

    Hi,

    From my all previous experiences I know always while
    creating a password (regardless what this password is for)
    one have to enter this one twice in order to avoid typos.

    There is no sense to have to invoke a password while logging in
    - password already exists.

    However, the Wireless Networks component of Win XP requires
    from you a double password input while connecting to WLAN access point.

    What is the goal of this ?

  2. Re: SP Pro SP2 needs double input of WPA key

    Hi
    What you experience is Not a normal behavior.
    Look at the Wireless setting in the Wireless Configuration entries and make
    sure that they are set correctly the way you like it.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    If every thing look OK and it still does it, change the SSID of your
    Wireless Router calling it another name, use a new Password, and the old
    would be forgotten.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "kakii" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > From my all previous experiences I know always while
    > creating a password (regardless what this password is for)
    > one have to enter this one twice in order to avoid typos.
    >
    > There is no sense to have to invoke a password while logging in
    > - password already exists.
    >
    > However, the Wireless Networks component of Win XP requires
    > from you a double password input while connecting to WLAN access point.
    >
    > What is the goal of this ?

  3. Re: SP Pro SP2 needs double input of WPA key

    Hi Jack,

    I'm afraid we aren't talking about the same.
    With double password question I mean a single dialog.

    While connecting with a new WLAN ap one get a dialog
    to enter the key. It's just XP presenting in this dialog
    two lines for password input. One below another one.
    Name of second's line is "password repeat" or something similar.
    So you have then input the WLAN access key twice in both lines.
    That's crazy and a lack of design in my opinion.

    Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    > What you experience is Not a normal behavior.
    > Look at the Wireless setting in the Wireless Configuration entries and
    > make sure that they are set correctly the way you like it.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    > If every thing look OK and it still does it, change the SSID of your
    > Wireless Router calling it another name, use a new Password, and the old
    > would be forgotten.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "kakii" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> From my all previous experiences I know always while
    >> creating a password (regardless what this password is for)
    >> one have to enter this one twice in order to avoid typos.
    >>
    >> There is no sense to have to invoke a password while logging in
    >> - password already exists.
    >>
    >> However, the Wireless Networks component of Win XP requires
    >> from you a double password input while connecting to WLAN access point.
    >>
    >> What is the goal of this ?

+ Reply to Thread