How do I turn on my wireless switch? - Wireless

This is a discussion on How do I turn on my wireless switch? - Wireless ; Suddenly, my wireless adapter does not work. Pressing Fn+F2 does nothing to turn on the wireless switch. What's wrong? This used to work fine. Using Xp Pro, Dell Inspiron 6000 which has Intel ProSet wireless and generic Windows wireless set ...

  1. How do I turn on my wireless switch?

    Suddenly, my wireless adapter does not work. Pressing Fn+F2 does nothing to
    turn on the wireless switch. What's wrong? This used to work fine.

    Using Xp Pro, Dell Inspiron 6000 which has Intel ProSet wireless and generic
    Windows wireless set up.

    Thanks for your help!

  2. Re: How do I turn on my wireless switch?

    "jimbob" wrote in message
    > Suddenly, my wireless adapter does not work. Pressing Fn+F2 does nothing
    > turn on the wireless switch. What's wrong? This used to work fine.
    >
    > Using Xp Pro, Dell Inspiron 6000 which has Intel ProSet wireless and
    > generic
    > Windows wireless set up.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    As mentioned in the fine Intel manual, there are two switches. One is
    hardware; the other is software. Both must be on for the adapter to
    function. The fine manual tells how to locate both switches.

    Jim

  3. Re: How do I turn on my wireless switch?

    "Jim" wrote:

    > "jimbob" wrote in message
    > > Suddenly, my wireless adapter does not work. Pressing Fn+F2 does nothing
    > > turn on the wireless switch. What's wrong? This used to work fine.
    > >
    > > Using Xp Pro, Dell Inspiron 6000 which has Intel ProSet wireless and
    > > generic
    > > Windows wireless set up.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help!

    > As mentioned in the fine Intel manual, there are two switches. One is
    > hardware; the other is software. Both must be on for the adapter to
    > function. The fine manual tells how to locate both switches.
    >
    > Jim

+ Reply to Thread