Can not access other computor - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can not access other computor - Wireless ; I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message netwoork path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but cannot find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?...

  1. Can not access other computor

    I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message netwoork
    path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but cannot
    find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?

  2. Re: Can not access other computor

    Do you receive system error if using net view command, for example net view
    \\remoepcipaddress?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Bob" wrote in message
    >I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message
    >netwoork
    > path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but
    > cannot
    > find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?

  3. Re: Can not access other computor

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Bob" wrote in message
    >I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message
    >netwoork
    > path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but
    > cannot
    > find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?

  4. Re: Can not access other computor

    Not sure what you mean, can you explain net view command?

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do you receive system error if using net view command, for example net view
    > \\remoepcipaddress?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Bob" wrote in message
    > >I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message
    > >netwoork
    > > path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but
    > > cannot
    > > find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?

  5. Re: Can not access other computor

    Also here is what else is happening. The laptop sees the main computor and
    when I go to view workgroup computors on the laptop everything is there to
    share but not the other way ( main to laptop)

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do you receive system error if using net view command, for example net view
    > \\remoepcipaddress?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Bob" wrote in message
    > >I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message
    > >netwoork
    > > path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but
    > > cannot
    > > find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?

  6. Re: Can not access other computor

    Make sure no firewall or security software blocks to access the main
    computer. Also on the main pc, run command prompt. Type ipconfig to find the
    ip address. On the laptop do net view \\mainpcipaddress. You may receive a
    system error. Post back here.

    --

    "Bob" wrote in message
    > Also here is what else is happening. The laptop sees the main computor and
    > when I go to view workgroup computors on the laptop everything is there to
    > share but not the other way ( main to laptop)
    >
    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Do you receive system error if using net view command, for example net
    >> view
    >> \\remoepcipaddress?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>

    >> "Bob" wrote in message
    >> >I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message
    >> >netwoork
    >> > path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but
    >> > cannot
    >> > find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?

  7. Re: Can not access other computor

    Thanks
    on the main computor I get an error message when I type in ipconfig and on
    the laptop at the prompt I also get an error.

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Make sure no firewall or security software blocks to access the main
    > computer. Also on the main pc, run command prompt. Type ipconfig to find the
    > ip address. On the laptop do net view \\mainpcipaddress. You may receive a
    > system error. Post back here.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Bob" wrote in message
    > > Also here is what else is happening. The laptop sees the main computor and
    > > when I go to view workgroup computors on the laptop everything is there to
    > > share but not the other way ( main to laptop)
    > >
    > > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do you receive system error if using net view command, for example net
    > >> view
    > >> \\remoepcipaddress?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE