wireless printing & networking - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless printing & networking - Wireless ; when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons, checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a message that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I have ...

  1. wireless printing & networking

    when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons,
    checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a message
    that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I
    have tried with and without my firewall and with and without my anti-vius
    running! Plz Help!

    I'm trying to get my laptop(running Vista) to print from my home office
    based pc(running xp home)
    --
    williams

  2. Re: wireless printing & networking

    Hi
    Try it through Add a Network Printer (Control Panel Printers) and be ready
    with the printer's drivers, they have to be install on the Vista computer
    too.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "williams3333" wrote in message
    > when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons,
    > checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a message
    > that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I
    > have tried with and without my firewall and with and without my anti-vius
    > running! Plz Help!
    >
    > I'm trying to get my laptop(running Vista) to print from my home office
    > based pc(running xp home)
    > --
    > williams

  3. Re: wireless printing & networking

    "Jack" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Try it through Add a Network Printer (Control Panel Printers) and be ready
    > with the printer's drivers, they have to be install on the Vista computer
    > too.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "williams3333" wrote in message
    >> when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons,
    >> checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a
    >> message
    >> that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I
    >> have tried with and without my firewall and with and without my anti-vius
    >> running! Plz Help!
    >>
    >> I'm trying to get my laptop(running Vista) to print from my home office
    >> based pc(running xp home)
    >> --
    >> williams

    To add just a little to what Jack said, the issue is not unique to Vista.
    Jim

+ Reply to Thread