Wireless Lan disconnecting - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Lan disconnecting - Wireless ; We have a wireless lan with an SSID and WEP security set up. We have various computers in the house, and while the others connect fine, on one workstation, the connection is de-activated after a couple of minutes working. The ...

  1. Wireless Lan disconnecting

    We have a wireless lan with an SSID and WEP security set up. We have various
    computers in the house, and while the others connect fine, on one
    workstation, the connection is de-activated after a couple of minutes working.
    The IEEE 802.1x is enabled.

    There must be some setting on the workstation as the other workstations work
    fine. But what is it?

  2. Re: Wireless Lan disconnecting

    what operating systems? is this a residential or enterprise network?

    WEP is not safe, you should use WPA2 or at least WPA

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  3. Re: Wireless Lan disconnecting

    Hi
    Deactivate IEEE 802.1x it is not compatible with your Network.
    Make sure that your Wireless Router SSID is On.
    Uncheck the power saving of the Wireless Card,
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    As for security.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WEP64____(Easy, to "Brake" by knowledgeable people).
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Brake ).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    the WPA2 patch from Microsoft.
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    Setting Wireless Security -
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jake" wrote in message
    > We have a wireless lan with an SSID and WEP security set up. We have
    > various
    > computers in the house, and while the others connect fine, on one
    > workstation, the connection is de-activated after a couple of minutes
    > working.
    > The IEEE 802.1x is enabled.
    >
    > There must be some setting on the workstation as the other workstations
    > work
    > fine. But what is it?

+ Reply to Thread