networking with Vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on networking with Vista - Wireless ; I have 2 XP computers and 1 older Dell desktop. I am able to confirm connectivity with the XP with the run/cmd/ipconfig. I don't know how I can access that information in Vista. I seem to get confusing status notices. ...

  1. networking with Vista

    I have 2 XP computers and 1 older Dell desktop. I am able to confirm
    connectivity with the XP with the run/cmd/ipconfig. I don't know how I can
    access that information in Vista. I seem to get confusing status notices.

    Thanks for any and all help, I'm still confused with Vista but slowly
    getting there.

    Thanks again
    Carmen

  2. Re: networking with Vista

    Can you ping each other?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Carmen" wrote in message
    >I have 2 XP computers and 1 older Dell desktop. I am able to confirm
    >connectivity with the XP with the run/cmd/ipconfig. I don't know how I can
    >access that information in Vista. I seem to get confusing status notices.
    >
    > Thanks for any and all help, I'm still confused with Vista but slowly
    > getting there.
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Carmen

  3. Re: networking with Vista

    Hi
    If the Vista computer have a valid Internet connection connectivity is
    probably OK.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Carmen" wrote in message
    >I have 2 XP computers and 1 older Dell desktop. I am able to confirm
    >connectivity with the XP with the run/cmd/ipconfig. I don't know how I can
    >access that information in Vista. I seem to get confusing status notices.
    >
    > Thanks for any and all help, I'm still confused with Vista but slowly
    > getting there.
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Carmen

+ Reply to Thread