Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB - Wireless

This is a discussion on Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB - Wireless ; I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found automatically. When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I ...

  1. Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

    I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found automatically.
    When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
    recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
    with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
    try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried it
    on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
    Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

  2. Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

    Hi
    Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "danc" wrote in message
    > I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found
    > automatically.
    > When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
    > recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
    > with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
    > try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried
    > it
    > on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
    > Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

  3. Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

    Thanks for the quick response. I tried that. I tried it with the disk that
    came with the adapter and just using the drivers from windows. They are the
    same. I've booted rebooted, used the BIOS setup to auto, able, disable,
    whatever the wireless zero config. I believe I tried every install sequence
    possible. I even tried the hotfix in article 921413 because it perfectly
    described my symptoms. All to no avail.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "danc" wrote in message
    > > I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found
    > > automatically.
    > > When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does not
    > > recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end up
    > > with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial install
    > > try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I tried
    > > it
    > > on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter in a
    > > Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help me.

  4. Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

    Hi
    Log to TrendNet support, look for the model and the Version of the adapter
    that you have, download and use the latest Drivers available there.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "danc" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the quick response. I tried that. I tried it with the disk
    > that
    > came with the adapter and just using the drivers from windows. They are
    > the
    > same. I've booted rebooted, used the BIOS setup to auto, able, disable,
    > whatever the wireless zero config. I believe I tried every install
    > sequence
    > possible. I even tried the hotfix in article 921413 because it perfectly
    > described my symptoms. All to no avail.
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "danc" wrote in message
    >> > I'm running xp home with sp2 and all the upgrades that are found
    >> > automatically.
    >> > When I try to install the TEW0424UB wireless adapter the computer does
    >> > not
    >> > recognize it. I attempt to install it by using add hardware and I end
    >> > up
    >> > with the message "The device canot start. Code 10." On the initial
    >> > install
    >> > try it was recognized but disapperared half way thru the set up. I
    >> > tried
    >> > it
    >> > on 6 different USB ports, 4 ea 1.1 and 2 ea 2.0. I tried the adapter
    >> > in a
    >> > Vista home premium computer and it works fine. Trendnet cannot help
    >> > me.

  5. Re: Trendnet wireless adapter TEW-424UB

    I did that and also tried to use the Vista drivers on the XP computer.
    Wouldn't work. The strange thing with this problem is on the initial
    installation I got through about half of the configuration when the adapter
    disappeared. It was receiving my wireless router. My last needs
    clarification the BIOS was used to able, disable, auto what is called "legacy
    usb support." "System" was used for the wzc.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Log to TrendNet support, look for the model and the Version of the adapter
    > that you have, download and use the latest Drivers available there.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "danc" wrote in message
    > > Thanks for the quick response. I tried that. I tried it with the disk
    > > that
    > > came with the adapter and just using the drivers from windows. They are
    > > the
    > > same. I've booted rebooted, used the BIOS setup to auto, able, disable,
    > > whatever the wireless zero config. I believe I tried every install
    > > sequence
    > > possible. I even tried the hotfix in article 921413 because it perfectly
    > > described my symptoms. All to no avail.
    > >
    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> Run the Drivers/utility setup before you insert the card.
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>
    > >> "danc" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread