Silly question re: LAC & Wireless both active. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Silly question re: LAC & Wireless both active. - Wireless ; I have a laptop that I use as a desktop quite a bit. Well the last time I turned it back into a desktop I forgot to disable the radio function so now it is connected to the router via ...

  1. Silly question re: LAC & Wireless both active.

    I have a laptop that I use as a desktop quite a bit. Well the last time I
    turned it back into a desktop I forgot to disable the radio function so now
    it is connected to the router via both Ethernet cable & WIFI. It never
    occurred to me that both could be active @ the same time but they are &
    appear to be working, although when I open up new web pages (according to the
    networking portion of the task manager) most all the activity appears to be
    going thru the LAC.

    So my question is: can I leave the wireless network card active while I have
    the Ethernet (LAC) plugged into the back of my laptop or should I be
    disabling the radio function every time I use the laptop as a desktop?

    --
    Regards snerdly

  2. Re: Silly question re: LAC & Wireless both active.

    In most cases, that is OK.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "snerdly" wrote in message
    >I have a laptop that I use as a desktop quite a bit. Well the last time I
    > turned it back into a desktop I forgot to disable the radio function so
    > now
    > it is connected to the router via both Ethernet cable & WIFI. It never
    > occurred to me that both could be active @ the same time but they are &
    > appear to be working, although when I open up new web pages (according to
    > the
    > networking portion of the task manager) most all the activity appears to
    > be
    > going thru the LAC.
    >
    > So my question is: can I leave the wireless network card active while I
    > have
    > the Ethernet (LAC) plugged into the back of my laptop or should I be
    > disabling the radio function every time I use the laptop as a desktop?
    >
    > --
    > Regards snerdly

+ Reply to Thread