Wireless network connection blocked by firewall - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless network connection blocked by firewall - Wireless ; I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?...

  1. Wireless network connection blocked by firewall

    I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not
    Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall
    to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?

  2. Re: Wireless network connection blocked by firewall

    Jill wrote:
    > I've just activated a wireless connection but I can't connect as it says "Not
    > Connected, Firewalled" in my network connections. How can I get the firewall
    > to allow this connection without switching it off altogether?

    What can't you connect to? The Internet?

    Perhaps if you described exactly what you have (make/model of router and
    wireless adapter(s); version of Windows), what you are trying to do, and
    what error messages you get (please quote entire message), we could give
    you some focused help.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking