wireless connection lost - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless connection lost - Wireless ; I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict. The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on ...

  1. wireless connection lost

    I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been
    using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict.
    The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on my laptop. I
    tried run and ipconfig/release; however, it has a message that media state:
    media disconnected. I tried ipconfig/release and it says no operation can be
    performed on network bridge (network bridge 7) while it has its media
    disconnected. How do I get another connect again to my router?

    I just want to be able to access the internet again. Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: wireless connection lost

    Posting the result of ipconfig /all here may help.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "sally" wrote in message
    >I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been
    > using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict.
    > The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on my laptop.
    > tried run and ipconfig/release; however, it has a message that media
    > state:
    > media disconnected. I tried ipconfig/release and it says no operation can
    > be
    > performed on network bridge (network bridge 7) while it has its media
    > disconnected. How do I get another connect again to my router?
    >
    > I just want to be able to access the internet again. Thanks for your
    > help.

  3. Re: wireless connection lost

    Hi
    Use the process as described on this page, it might help you to pine point
    the problem.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "sally" wrote in message
    >I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been
    > using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict.
    > The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on my laptop.
    > tried run and ipconfig/release; however, it has a message that media
    > state:
    > media disconnected. I tried ipconfig/release and it says no operation can
    > be
    > performed on network bridge (network bridge 7) while it has its media
    > disconnected. How do I get another connect again to my router?
    >
    > I just want to be able to access the internet again. Thanks for your
    > help.

  4. RE: wireless connection lost

    Here is the results of ipconfig/all

    host name :toshiba-user
    Primary dns suffix:
    Mode type:Broadcast
    ip routing enabled:No
    Wins proxy enabled:No
    Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (network Bridge) 7
    Media State: Media disconnected
    Physical address: 02-00-39-PC-8D-DO

    Hope this clarifies.

    "sally" wrote:

    > I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been
    > using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict.
    > The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on my laptop. I
    > tried run and ipconfig/release; however, it has a message that media state:
    > media disconnected. I tried ipconfig/release and it says no operation can be
    > performed on network bridge (network bridge 7) while it has its media
    > disconnected. How do I get another connect again to my router?
    >
    > I just want to be able to access the internet again. Thanks for your help.

  5. Re: wireless connection lost

    that isn't the complete results.
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:04:14 -0800, sally
    wrote:

    >Here is the results of ipconfig/all
    >
    >host name :toshiba-user
    >Primary dns suffix:
    >Mode type:Broadcast
    >ip routing enabled:No
    >Wins proxy enabled:No
    >Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (network Bridge) 7
    >Media State: Media disconnected
    >Physical address: 02-00-39-PC-8D-DO
    >
    >Hope this clarifies.
    >
    >"sally" wrote:
    >
    >> I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been
    >> using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict.
    >> The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on my laptop. I
    >> tried run and ipconfig/release; however, it has a message that media state:
    >> media disconnected. I tried ipconfig/release and it says no operation can be
    >> performed on network bridge (network bridge 7) while it has its media
    >> disconnected. How do I get another connect again to my router?
    >>
    >> I just want to be able to access the internet again. Thanks for your help.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  6. Re: wireless connection lost

    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\>ipconfig/all

    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : toshiba-user
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-2D-6B-C7-C7

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Wireless G USB Network
    Adapte
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-17-3F-8E-FC-14

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    Connecti
    on
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-39-FC-8D-D0

    C:\>

    I deleted the network bridge and tried to install a wireless router.

    This is the results of ipconfig/all

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > that isn't the complete results.
    > http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    >
    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:04:14 -0800, sally
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Here is the results of ipconfig/all
    > >
    > >host name :toshiba-user
    > >Primary dns suffix:
    > >Mode type:Broadcast
    > >ip routing enabled:No
    > >Wins proxy enabled:No
    > >Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (network Bridge) 7
    > >Media State: Media disconnected
    > >Physical address: 02-00-39-PC-8D-DO
    > >
    > >Hope this clarifies.
    > >
    > >"sally" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have windows xp on my toshiba laptop. I installed a vpn and have been
    > >> using my D-link router. I received message that there is an ip conflict.
    > >> The message went away, but now I can't access the internet on my laptop. I
    > >> tried run and ipconfig/release; however, it has a message that media state:
    > >> media disconnected. I tried ipconfig/release and it says no operation can be
    > >> performed on network bridge (network bridge 7) while it has its media
    > >> disconnected. How do I get another connect again to my router?
    > >>
    > >> I just want to be able to access the internet again. Thanks for your help.

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP

  7. Re: wireless connection lost

    are you trying to use the built in Toshiba wireless or a USB
    adapter? is the Toshiba wireless turned on? there is either a switch
    or combination of keys you press.

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:10:00 -0800, sally
    wrote:

    >Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    >(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
    >
    >C:\>ipconfig/all
    >
    >Windows IP Configuration
    >
    > Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : toshiba-user
    > Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    > Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    >
    >Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
    >
    > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card
    > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-2D-6B-C7-C7
    >
    >Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
    >
    > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Wireless G USB Network
    >Adapte
    > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-17-3F-8E-FC-14
    >
    >Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
    >
    > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    >Connecti
    >on
    > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-39-FC-8D-D0
    >
    >C:\>

    >I deleted the network bridge and tried to install a wireless router.
    >
    >This is the results of ipconfig/all

    >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> that isn't the complete results.
    >> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    >>
    >> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:04:14 -0800, sally
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Here is the results of ipconfig/all
    >> >
    >> >host name :toshiba-user
    >> >Primary dns suffix:
    >> >Mode type:Broadcast
    >> >ip routing enabled:No
    >> >Wins proxy enabled:No
    >> >Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (network Bridge) 7
    >> >Media State: Media disconnected
    >> >Physical address: 02-00-39-PC-8D-DO
    >> >
    >> >Hope this clarifies.

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  8. Re: wireless connection lost

    I was trying to use the toshiba wireless. The switch is turned on. I tried
    to install a USB adapter Belkin to see if it would find a wireless signal but
    it would not connect either.

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > are you trying to use the built in Toshiba wireless or a USB
    > adapter? is the Toshiba wireless turned on? there is either a switch
    > or combination of keys you press.
    >
    > On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:10:00 -0800, sally
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    > >(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
    > >
    > >C:\>ipconfig/all
    > >
    > >Windows IP Configuration
    > >
    > > Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : toshiba-user
    > > Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    > > Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    > > IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    > > WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    > >
    > >Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
    > >
    > > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    > > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card
    > > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-2D-6B-C7-C7
    > >
    > >Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
    > >
    > > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    > > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Wireless G USB Network
    > >Adapte
    > > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-17-3F-8E-FC-14
    > >
    > >Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
    > >
    > > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    > > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    > >Connecti
    > >on
    > > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-39-FC-8D-D0
    > >
    > >C:\>

    > >I deleted the network bridge and tried to install a wireless router.
    > >
    > >This is the results of ipconfig/all

    > >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    > >
    > >> that isn't the complete results.
    > >> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Barb Bowman
    > >> MS Windows-MVP
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    > >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  9. Re: wireless connection lost

    unplug and uninstall the USB wireless adapter. Then, please use
    System Restore and try going back to a restore point before you
    installed the VPN adapter and started making any changes.

    On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:16:01 -0800, sally
    wrote:

    >I was trying to use the toshiba wireless. The switch is turned on. I tried
    >to install a USB adapter Belkin to see if it would find a wireless signal but
    >it would not connect either.
    >
    >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> are you trying to use the built in Toshiba wireless or a USB
    >> adapter? is the Toshiba wireless turned on? there is either a switch
    >> or combination of keys you press.
    >>
    >> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:10:00 -0800, sally
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    >> >(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
    >> >
    >> >C:\>ipconfig/all
    >> >
    >> >Windows IP Configuration
    >> >
    >> > Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : toshiba-user
    >> > Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    >> > Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    >> > IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    >> > WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    >> >
    >> >Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
    >> >
    >> > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    >> > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card
    >> > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-2D-6B-C7-C7
    >> >
    >> >Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
    >> >
    >> > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    >> > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Wireless G USB Network
    >> >Adapte
    >> > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-17-3F-8E-FC-14
    >> >
    >> >Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
    >> >
    >> > Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    >> > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    >> >Connecti
    >> >on
    >> > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-39-FC-8D-D0
    >> >
    >> >C:\>

    >> >I deleted the network bridge and tried to install a wireless router.
    >> >
    >> >This is the results of ipconfig/all

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  10. Re: wireless connection lost

    I uninstalled the USB adapter, however; I dont know how to do a system
    restore. How do I accomplish this? thanks.

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > unplug and uninstall the USB wireless adapter. Then, please use
    > System Restore and try going back to a restore point before you
    > installed the VPN adapter and started making any changes.
    >
    > On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:16:01 -0800, sally
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I was trying to use the toshiba wireless. The switch is turned on. I tried
    > >to install a USB adapter Belkin to see if it would find a wireless signal but
    > >it would not connect either.
    > >
    > >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    > >
    > >> are you trying to use the built in Toshiba wireless or a USB
    > >> adapter? is the Toshiba wireless turned on? there is either a switch
    > >> or combination of keys you press.

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Barb Bowman
    > >> MS-MVP
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    > >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  11. Re: wireless connection lost

    see if
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx
    helps

    On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:09:00 -0800, sally
    wrote:

    >I uninstalled the USB adapter, however; I dont know how to do a system
    >restore. How do I accomplish this? thanks.
    >
    >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> unplug and uninstall the USB wireless adapter. Then, please use
    >> System Restore and try going back to a restore point before you
    >> installed the VPN adapter and started making any changes.
    >>
    >> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:16:01 -0800, sally
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I was trying to use the toshiba wireless. The switch is turned on. I tried
    >> >to install a USB adapter Belkin to see if it would find a wireless signal but
    >> >it would not connect either.

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  12. Re: wireless connection lost

    Ok, I did the system restore and it appears it picked up a signal for my
    dlink router. Howver, when i try and log onto the internet I dont have a
    connection. Under internet connections I show the VPN and Broadbrand under
    dialup connections. Is this what is wrong? Appreciate all your help in the
    sytem restore.

    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name…..Toshiba –user
    Primary Dns Suffix
    Node Type….. Unknown
    IP Routing Enabled No
    WINS Proxy Enabled…………No
    Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    Description………………MAC Bridge Miniport
    Physical ddress………..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    Dhcp Enabled…………..Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled……Yes
    Autoconfiguration IP Address….169.254.238.32
    Subnet Mask………255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > see if
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx
    > helps
    >
    > On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:09:00 -0800, sally
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I uninstalled the USB adapter, however; I dont know how to do a system
    > >restore. How do I accomplish this? thanks.
    > >
    > >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    > >
    > >> unplug and uninstall the USB wireless adapter. Then, please use
    > >> System Restore and try going back to a restore point before you
    > >> installed the VPN adapter and started making any changes.

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Barb Bowman
    > >> MS-MVP
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    > >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  13. Re: wireless connection lost

    that is the COMPLETE result of ipconfig /all?

    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/

    there is a Network Bridge shown. do you have an older restore point?
    which VPN did you install? you need to get back to a state before
    you installed this VPN adapter, created bridges, etc.

    On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:12:01 -0800, sally
    wrote:

    >Ok, I did the system restore and it appears it picked up a signal for my
    >dlink router. Howver, when i try and log onto the internet I dont have a
    >connection. Under internet connections I show the VPN and Broadbrand under
    >dialup connections. Is this what is wrong? Appreciate all your help in the
    >sytem restore.
    >
    >Windows IP Configuration
    >
    >Host Name..Toshiba user
    >Primary Dns Suffix
    >Node Type.. Unknown
    >IP Routing Enabled No
    >WINS Proxy EnabledNo
    >Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:
    >
    >Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    >DescriptionMAC Bridge Miniport
    >Physical ddress..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    >Dhcp Enabled..Yes
    >Autoconfiguration EnabledYes
    >Autoconfiguration IP Address.169.254.238.32
    >Subnet Mask255.255.0.0
    >Default Gateway
    >

    >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> see if
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx
    >> helps
    >>
    >> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:09:00 -0800, sally
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I uninstalled the USB adapter, however; I dont know how to do a system
    >> >restore. How do I accomplish this? thanks.

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  14. Re: wireless connection lost

    I redid the system restore I only found one more date for restore point.
    This is the results of ipconfig/all
    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name…..Toshiba –user
    Primary Dns Suffix
    Node Type….. Unknown
    IP Routing Enabled No
    WINS Proxy Enabled…………No
    Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    Description………………MAC Bridge Miniport
    Physical ddress………..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    Dhcp Enabled…………..Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled……Yes
    Autoconfiguration IP Address….169.254.238.32
    Subnet Mask………255.255.0.0

    This restore point is in 2000. I did not install the vpn until 2007. The
    vpn is for my job and the instructions that i was given was for windows xp
    installation.

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > that is the COMPLETE result of ipconfig /all?
    >
    > http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    >
    > there is a Network Bridge shown. do you have an older restore point?
    > which VPN did you install? you need to get back to a state before
    > you installed this VPN adapter, created bridges, etc.
    >
    > On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:12:01 -0800, sally
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Ok, I did the system restore and it appears it picked up a signal for my
    > >dlink router. Howver, when i try and log onto the internet I dont have a
    > >connection. Under internet connections I show the VPN and Broadbrand under
    > >dialup connections. Is this what is wrong? Appreciate all your help in the
    > >sytem restore.
    > >
    > >Windows IP Configuration
    > >
    > >Host Name…..Toshiba –user
    > >Primary Dns Suffix
    > >Node Type….. Unknown
    > >IP Routing Enabled No
    > >WINS Proxy Enabled…………No
    > >Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:
    > >
    > >Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    > >Description………………MAC Bridge Miniport
    > >Physical ddress………..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    > >Dhcp Enabled…………..Yes
    > >Autoconfiguration Enabled……Yes
    > >Autoconfiguration IP Address….169.254.238.32
    > >Subnet Mask………255.255.0.0
    > >Default Gateway
    > >

    > >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    > >
    > >> see if
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx
    > >> helps

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Barb Bowman
    > >> MS-MVP
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    > >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  15. Re: wireless connection lost

    the restore point is from 2000? 8 years ago? that does not sound
    right. the config below still shows a network bridge. in the network
    window, what do you see? can you unbridge the connections? does your
    company have an IT dept that can look at this (is this a company or
    personal computer?)

    On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:15:03 -0800, sally
    wrote:

    >I redid the system restore I only found one more date for restore point.
    >This is the results of ipconfig/all
    >Windows IP Configuration
    >
    >Host Name..Toshiba user
    >Primary Dns Suffix
    >Node Type.. Unknown
    >IP Routing Enabled No
    >WINS Proxy EnabledNo
    >Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:
    >
    >Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    >DescriptionMAC Bridge Miniport
    >Physical ddress..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    >Dhcp Enabled..Yes
    >Autoconfiguration EnabledYes
    >Autoconfiguration IP Address.169.254.238.32
    >Subnet Mask255.255.0.0
    >Default Gateway
    >
    >This restore point is in 2000. I did not install the vpn until 2007. The
    >vpn is for my job and the instructions that i was given was for windows xp
    >installation.
    >

    >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> that is the COMPLETE result of ipconfig /all?
    >>
    >> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    >>
    >> there is a Network Bridge shown. do you have an older restore point?
    >> which VPN did you install? you need to get back to a state before
    >> you installed this VPN adapter, created bridges, etc.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:12:01 -0800, sally
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Ok, I did the system restore and it appears it picked up a signal for my
    >> >dlink router. Howver, when i try and log onto the internet I dont have a
    >> >connection. Under internet connections I show the VPN and Broadbrand under
    >> >dialup connections. Is this what is wrong? Appreciate all your help in the
    >> >sytem restore.
    >> >
    >> >Windows IP Configuration
    >> >
    >> >Host Name..Toshiba user
    >> >Primary Dns Suffix
    >> >Node Type.. Unknown
    >> >IP Routing Enabled No
    >> >WINS Proxy EnabledNo
    >> >Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:
    >> >
    >> >Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    >> >DescriptionMAC Bridge Miniport
    >> >Physical ddress..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    >> >Dhcp Enabled..Yes
    >> >Autoconfiguration EnabledYes
    >> >Autoconfiguration IP Address.169.254.238.32
    >> >Subnet Mask255.255.0.0
    >> >Default Gateway

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  16. Re: wireless connection lost

    Well, i took the wireless network connection off the network bridge and now
    my wireless network is enabled and I was able to log onto the internet.
    "wow" I cannot believe it. Thank you so much.

    One question, the vpn shows as disconnected. What do you advise to allow
    the vpn connection? thank you for everything.

    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > the restore point is from 2000? 8 years ago? that does not sound
    > right. the config below still shows a network bridge. in the network
    > window, what do you see? can you unbridge the connections? does your
    > company have an IT dept that can look at this (is this a company or
    > personal computer?)
    >
    > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:15:03 -0800, sally
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I redid the system restore I only found one more date for restore point.
    > >This is the results of ipconfig/all
    > >Windows IP Configuration
    > >
    > >Host Name…..Toshiba –user
    > >Primary Dns Suffix
    > >Node Type….. Unknown
    > >IP Routing Enabled No
    > >WINS Proxy Enabled…………No
    > >Ethernet adapter Network bridge network Bridge) 4:
    > >
    > >Connection-specific DNS Suffix
    > >Description………………MAC Bridge Miniport
    > >Physical ddress………..02-02-2D-6B-C7-Cu
    > >Dhcp Enabled…………..Yes
    > >Autoconfiguration Enabled……Yes
    > >Autoconfiguration IP Address….169.254.238.32
    > >Subnet Mask………255.255.0.0
    > >Default Gateway
    > >
    > >This restore point is in 2000. I did not install the vpn until 2007. The
    > >vpn is for my job and the instructions that i was given was for windows xp
    > >installation.
    > >

    > >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
    > >
    > >> that is the COMPLETE result of ipconfig /all?
    > >>
    > >> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
    > >>
    > >> there is a Network Bridge shown. do you have an older restore point?
    > >> which VPN did you install? you need to get back to a state before
    > >> you installed this VPN adapter, created bridges, etc.

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Barb Bowman
    > >> MS-MVP
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    > >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP

  17. Re: wireless connection lost

    glad you've made some progress. exactly what VPN are they using?

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP