Cannot see shared folders - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot see shared folders - Wireless ; I just installed a Linksys WRT54G. It is running off a Motorola SB5120 modum. I have an HP printer and a desktop wired through the switch and an HP laptop running on the wireless end. The desktop is running Windows ...

  1. Cannot see shared folders

    I just installed a Linksys WRT54G. It is running off a Motorola SB5120
    modum. I have an HP printer and a desktop wired through the switch and an HP
    laptop running on the wireless end. The desktop is running Windows XP Pro
    SP2 and the laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing
    the Linksys software and configuration wizard things set up pretty smoothly
    with just on little detail. I set a folder on the XP machine to share with
    other network users but it does not appear anywhere on my laptop network
    places. I can see the printer, but not this shared folder.

    Apologies if this is the wrong group.

  2. Re: Cannot see shared folders

    Do you have a security software like Norton that may block the sharing? This
    search result may help.

    Vista cannot access othersVista: Can't see any computers in the Network ...
    Network discovery may beblocking you from seeing other computers and
    devices. To turn on th network . ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaaccess1.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Zod" wrote in message
    >I just installed a Linksys WRT54G. It is running off a Motorola SB5120
    > modum. I have an HP printer and a desktop wired through the switch and an
    > HP
    > laptop running on the wireless end. The desktop is running Windows XP Pro
    > SP2 and the laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing
    > the Linksys software and configuration wizard things set up pretty
    > smoothly
    > with just on little detail. I set a folder on the XP machine to share with
    > other network users but it does not appear anywhere on my laptop network
    > places. I can see the printer, but not this shared folder.
    >
    > Apologies if this is the wrong group.

+ Reply to Thread