How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC? - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC? - Wireless ; Hi all We have a wireless Netgrear router to which one PC is connected by Ethernet cable. I want to link my PC, which is in another room, to this wirelessly. However when I go into Control panel (I am ...

  1. How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC?

    Hi all

    We have a wireless Netgrear router to which one PC is connected by Ethernet
    cable. I want to link my PC, which is in another room, to this wirelessly.
    However when I go into Control panel (I am running WXP -spk2) I see the icon
    saying Wireless network setup ,but I cannot set it up. I am not actually
    sure whether there is a wireless card in the PC, which is my question, whre
    do I go on the PC to find out if I have a wireless card?

    Thanks in advance of help
    baffled32

  2. Re: How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC?

    Right click My Computer
    Manage
    Device Manager
    Network Adapters

    what do you see?

    you can always add a wireless adapter

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC?

    Hi
    May be this can further Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/dm_ok.jpg
    More here, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "baffled32" wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > We have a wireless Netgrear router to which one PC is connected by
    > Ethernet
    > cable. I want to link my PC, which is in another room, to this wirelessly.
    > However when I go into Control panel (I am running WXP -spk2) I see the
    > icon
    > saying Wireless network setup ,but I cannot set it up. I am not actually
    > sure whether there is a wireless card in the PC, which is my question,
    > whre
    > do I go on the PC to find out if I have a wireless card?
    >
    > Thanks in advance of help
    > baffled32

  4. Re: How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC?

    Hi to both of you.

    thanks so much for quick and helpful response. so simple when you know where
    to look!() and your screen shot & links were really helpful Jack.
    No longer baffled!

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > May be this can further Help.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/example/dm_ok.jpg
    > More here, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "baffled32" wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > We have a wireless Netgrear router to which one PC is connected by
    > > Ethernet
    > > cable. I want to link my PC, which is in another room, to this wirelessly.
    > > However when I go into Control panel (I am running WXP -spk2) I see the
    > > icon
    > > saying Wireless network setup ,but I cannot set it up. I am not actually
    > > sure whether there is a wireless card in the PC, which is my question,
    > > whre
    > > do I go on the PC to find out if I have a wireless card?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance of help
    > > baffled32

  5. Re: How to find if I have wireless connectivity on my PC?

    Hi
    When one works with children you know that pictures are better than words.
    When it comes to Networking a lot of us are children.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "baffled32" wrote in message
    > Hi to both of you.
    >
    > thanks so much for quick and helpful response. so simple when you know
    > where
    > to look!() and your screen shot & links were really helpful Jack.
    > No longer baffled!
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> May be this can further Help.
    >> http://www.ezlan.net/example/dm_ok.jpg
    >> More here, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>

    >> "baffled32" wrote in message
    >> > Hi all
    >> >
    >> > We have a wireless Netgrear router to which one PC is connected by
    >> > Ethernet
    >> > cable. I want to link my PC, which is in another room, to this
    >> > wirelessly.
    >> > However when I go into Control panel (I am running WXP -spk2) I see the
    >> > icon
    >> > saying Wireless network setup ,but I cannot set it up. I am not
    >> > actually
    >> > sure whether there is a wireless card in the PC, which is my question,
    >> > whre
    >> > do I go on the PC to find out if I have a wireless card?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance of help
    >> > baffled32

+ Reply to Thread