Second Q about helping remotely - Wireless

This is a discussion on Second Q about helping remotely - Wireless ; I have been trying to send this as a new post as I felt the last thread was no longer being read. But it keeps getting added to my previous post so I am trying it once again with a ...

  1. Second Q about helping remotely

    I have been trying to send this as a new post as I felt the last thread was
    no longer being read. But it keeps getting added to my previous post so I
    am trying it once again with a different Subject, maybe that has been the
    problem.

    Recap: I would like to try and use remote assistance to help, in a small
    way, a friend with continuos basic problems.

    I have downloaded TeamViewer which looks perfect for what I want to try and
    do.

    Is there any possibility of infecting either PC if there is an unknown virus
    lurking on one of them?

    Also I tried emailing this programme but my anti virus didn't like the look
    of it, probably because of the type of programme it is ???

    TIA

    B.W.

  2. Re: Second Q about helping remotely

    Hi
    If your friend has a Virus problem I would not try to repair it through
    Remote control.
    Tell him first to install and Antivirus program and clean his computer.
    This is a very good free program that he/she can start with,
    http://www.free-av.com/
    I am not familiar with TeamView. This Remote control program is free and
    very easy to use.
    http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "B.W." wrote in message
    >I have been trying to send this as a new post as I felt the last thread was
    >no longer being read. But it keeps getting added to my previous post so I
    >am trying it once again with a different Subject, maybe that has been the
    >problem.
    >
    > Recap: I would like to try and use remote assistance to help, in a small
    > way, a friend with continuos basic problems.
    >
    > I have downloaded TeamViewer which looks perfect for what I want to try
    > and
    > do.
    >
    > Is there any possibility of infecting either PC if there is an unknown
    > virus
    > lurking on one of them?
    >
    > Also I tried emailing this programme but my anti virus didn't like the
    > look
    > of it, probably because of the type of programme it is ???
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > B.W.

  3. Re: Second Q about helping remotely

    Thanks Jack, he doesn't have a virus problem that I am aware of but I will
    also have a look at the two programmes you mention.

    Thank You

    > Hi
    > If your friend has a Virus problem I would not try to repair it through
    > Remote control.
    > Tell him first to install and Antivirus program and clean his computer.
    > This is a very good free program that he/she can start with,
    > http://www.free-av.com/
    > I am not familiar with TeamView. This Remote control program is free and
    > very easy to use.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "B.W." wrote in message
    >>I have been trying to send this as a new post as I felt the last thread
    >>was no longer being read. But it keeps getting added to my previous post
    >>so I am trying it once again with a different Subject, maybe that has been
    >>the problem.
    >>
    >> Recap: I would like to try and use remote assistance to help, in a small
    >> way, a friend with continuos basic problems.
    >>
    >> I have downloaded TeamViewer which looks perfect for what I want to try
    >> and
    >> do.
    >>
    >> Is there any possibility of infecting either PC if there is an unknown
    >> virus
    >> lurking on one of them?
    >>
    >> Also I tried emailing this programme but my anti virus didn't like the
    >> look
    >> of it, probably because of the type of programme it is ???
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> B.W.

+ Reply to Thread