Wireless Network Connection "Not Connected" - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Network Connection "Not Connected" - Wireless ; I have a new laptop with Win XP SP2. Initially I didn't have wireless internet, but XP would show me available connections in the neighbourhood. A few weeks ago, this stopped working and the Wireless Network Connection just shows "Not ...

  1. Wireless Network Connection "Not Connected"

    I have a new laptop with Win XP SP2. Initially I didn't have wireless
    internet, but XP would show me available connections in the neighbourhood. A
    few weeks ago, this stopped working and the Wireless Network Connection just
    shows "Not Connected". Also, when I go to the Properties for Wireless
    Network Connection, I don't have a "Wireless Network" tab as I believe I'm
    supposed to.

    Well, I just got wireless internet yesterday and I would like to get this
    working.

    I've tried the "Repair" option when I right-click on the Wireless Network
    Connection icon, but it didn't work.

    I've also made sure that my Wireless Zero Configuration is started and
    automatic.

    I've checked the WLAN card as well to make sure that it is plugged in
    properly (in case it came loose) and it appears so.

    My manufacturer (Dell) is blaming the ISP (Telus) and the ISP is blaming the
    manufacturer.

    Any help on "connecting" my Wireless Network Connection is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Stan

  2. Re: Wireless Network Connection "Not Connected"

    It happened to me at one time. I did a system restore and that worked (for
    now). I still need to find out what is causing me to get disconnected.

    "Stan Jang" Jang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a new laptop with Win XP SP2. Initially I didn't have wireless
    > internet, but XP would show me available connections in the neighbourhood.
    > few weeks ago, this stopped working and the Wireless Network Connection
    > just
    > shows "Not Connected". Also, when I go to the Properties for Wireless
    > Network Connection, I don't have a "Wireless Network" tab as I believe I'm
    > supposed to.
    >
    > Well, I just got wireless internet yesterday and I would like to get this
    > working.
    >
    > I've tried the "Repair" option when I right-click on the Wireless Network
    > Connection icon, but it didn't work.
    >
    > I've also made sure that my Wireless Zero Configuration is started and
    > automatic.
    >
    > I've checked the WLAN card as well to make sure that it is plugged in
    > properly (in case it came loose) and it appears so.
    >
    > My manufacturer (Dell) is blaming the ISP (Telus) and the ISP is blaming
    > the
    > manufacturer.
    >
    > Any help on "connecting" my Wireless Network Connection is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Stan

  3. Re: Wireless Network Connection "Not Connected"

    Hi
    Hi
    I do not know what Wireless Internet means. Some types of Wireless Internet
    need special cards.
    As far as regular Wireless (aka WIFI), this page can help you in evaluating
    the Wireless system of your computer.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Make sure that the Wireless Utility of the Wireless Cad's manufacturer is
    Not Ruining.
    This would help in enabling Windows Wireless Zero Configuration,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Stan Jang" Jang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a new laptop with Win XP SP2. Initially I didn't have wireless
    > internet, but XP would show me available connections in the neighbourhood.
    > few weeks ago, this stopped working and the Wireless Network Connection
    > just
    > shows "Not Connected". Also, when I go to the Properties for Wireless
    > Network Connection, I don't have a "Wireless Network" tab as I believe I'm
    > supposed to.
    >
    > Well, I just got wireless internet yesterday and I would like to get this
    > working.
    >
    > I've tried the "Repair" option when I right-click on the Wireless Network
    > Connection icon, but it didn't work.
    >
    > I've also made sure that my Wireless Zero Configuration is started and
    > automatic.
    >
    > I've checked the WLAN card as well to make sure that it is plugged in
    > properly (in case it came loose) and it appears so.
    >
    > My manufacturer (Dell) is blaming the ISP (Telus) and the ISP is blaming
    > the
    > manufacturer.
    >
    > Any help on "connecting" my Wireless Network Connection is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Stan

+ Reply to Thread