2007 windows XP automatic configuration wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on 2007 windows XP automatic configuration wireless network - Wireless ; Hi, I have laptop with Windows XP (Service pack 2) and a wireless network in my house, which all computers use without any problems. However this specific laptop will from time to time not recognize any wire-less network at all ...

  1. 2007 windows XP automatic configuration wireless network

    Hi, I have laptop with Windows XP (Service pack 2) and a wireless
    network in my house, which all computers use without any problems.
    However this specific laptop will from time to time not recognize any
    wire-less network at all (we have two or three signals from our
    neighbors). I have heard it is due to Windows XP automatically sets it
    self up to use Windows own network and not mine (SMC). And then I
    should check off the box which says "Automatic configuration for
    wireless network" under Properties in my Network connections. However,
    I simply don't have this tab ... then: what do I do?
    Best wishes
    Troels (Denmark)

  2. Re: 2007 windows XP automatic configuration wireless network

    Hi
    There is two way to control the Wireless Connection.
    Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC), and a Utility that is loaded with
    the manufacturer Wireless software.
    Many of these utilities switch Off WZC and thus you do not have the Tab.
    Disable the manufacturer utility and start the WZC and you would be set.
    Info about the configurations here.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    > Hi, I have laptop with Windows XP (Service pack 2) and a wireless
    > network in my house, which all computers use without any problems.
    > However this specific laptop will from time to time not recognize any
    > wire-less network at all (we have two or three signals from our
    > neighbors). I have heard it is due to Windows XP automatically sets it
    > self up to use Windows own network and not mine (SMC). And then I
    > should check off the box which says "Automatic configuration for
    > wireless network" under Properties in my Network connections. However,
    > I simply don't have this tab ... then: what do I do?
    > Best wishes
    > Troels (Denmark)

  3. Re: 2007 windows XP automatic configuration wireless network

    Thanks a lot!
    It took some time to get it right, but now it works again!
    My best wishes
    Troels (Denmark)

+ Reply to Thread