Hot Spots - Wireless

This is a discussion on Hot Spots - Wireless ; What is the step by step procedure for using public hot spots. I have been to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see it on my laptop. Thanks B.W....

  1. Hot Spots

    What is the step by step procedure for using public hot spots. I have been
    to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see it on
    my laptop.

    Thanks B.W.

  2. Re: Hot Spots

    There is some good info on this site about connecting to public wi fi
    hotspots.
    http://usatoday.jiwire.com/wifi-user...at-is-wifi.htm

    "B.W." wrote in message
    > What is the step by step procedure for using public hot spots. I have
    > been to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see
    > it on my laptop.
    >
    > Thanks B.W.

  3. Re: Hot Spots

    It seems to the Vista doesn't talk to the router's DHCP. Post back with the
    result of ipconfig /all may help.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "B.W." wrote in message
    > What is the step by step procedure for using public hot spots. I have
    > been to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see
    > it on my laptop.
    >
    > Thanks B.W.

  4. Re: Hot Spots

    Hi
    Is your Wireless works OK at home, friend, or any other environment that you
    can control.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "B.W." wrote in message
    > What is the step by step procedure for using public hot spots. I have
    > been to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see
    > it on my laptop.
    >
    > Thanks B.W.

  5. Re: Hot Spots

    Thanks everyone for your help, I am running Windows XP home still, but it
    seems I have a lot of reading up to do first before I test out again.

    Thanks all

    "Ken Triebold" wrote in message
    > There is some good info on this site about connecting to public wi fi
    > hotspots.
    > http://usatoday.jiwire.com/wifi-user...at-is-wifi.htm
    >

    > "B.W." wrote in message
    >> What is the step by step procedure for using public hot spots. I have
    >> been to a public area which supposedly has a free hot spot but cannot see
    >> it on my laptop.
    >>
    >> Thanks B.W.

+ Reply to Thread