Limited or No Connectivity - Wireless

This is a discussion on Limited or No Connectivity - Wireless ; I am trying to connect to my wireless router, and I keep getting the message "Limited or No Connectivity". When looking at the settings, it looks like the device assigns me an IP address and a Subnet mask (255.255.0.0), but ...

  1. Limited or No Connectivity

    I am trying to connect to my wireless router, and I keep getting the
    message "Limited or No Connectivity". When looking at the settings,
    it looks like the device assigns me an IP address and a Subnet mask
    (255.255.0.0), but the Gateway field is blank.

    I am using a Speedtouch 121g USB wireless card, which comes with its
    own software for viewing wireless networks. The signal strength
    varies between 35 - 60%. Any thoughts?

  2. Re: Limited or No Connectivity

    Which OS? If it is Vista, we have seen some case like this one. It could be
    the incompatible issue. This troubleshooting page may help.

    Vista TCP/IP IssuesSolved: Double Connection with default gateway 0.0.0.0
    Enable IP Routing in Vista PC can't connect to the router because of
    TCP/IP settings ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaipissues.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Kurgan" wrote in message
    >I am trying to connect to my wireless router, and I keep getting the
    > message "Limited or No Connectivity". When looking at the settings,
    > it looks like the device assigns me an IP address and a Subnet mask
    > (255.255.0.0), but the Gateway field is blank.
    >
    > I am using a Speedtouch 121g USB wireless card, which comes with its
    > own software for viewing wireless networks. The signal strength
    > varies between 35 - 60%. Any thoughts?

  3. Re: Limited or No Connectivity

    Hi
    May be you can use the process that is described in this page to find out
    what actually is Not working.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wirless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Kurgan" wrote in message
    >I am trying to connect to my wireless router, and I keep getting the
    > message "Limited or No Connectivity". When looking at the settings,
    > it looks like the device assigns me an IP address and a Subnet mask
    > (255.255.0.0), but the Gateway field is blank.
    >
    > I am using a Speedtouch 121g USB wireless card, which comes with its
    > own software for viewing wireless networks. The signal strength
    > varies between 35 - 60%. Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread