Pre-logon wireless connectivity - Wireless

This is a discussion on Pre-logon wireless connectivity - Wireless ; The environment at the school district I work at uses shared laptops for student use. These laptops move from classroom to classroom and from student to student. This requires the laptop to establish a wireless connection PRIOR to student login. ...

  1. Pre-logon wireless connectivity

    The environment at the school district I work at uses shared laptops for
    student use. These laptops move from classroom to classroom and from student
    to student. This requires the laptop to establish a wireless connection
    PRIOR to student login.
    I have tried the Intel Pro-Set Wireless software which has a pre-logon
    option. However, this method is not reliable. Does anyone have an
    environment such as this one and how do you establish your wireless
    connection?

  2. Re: Pre-logon wireless connectivity

    Disable any/all third party wireless configuration tools and run only the
    Windows Zero Configuration Tool instead. It runs as a "service" and so it
    is already running before the user logs in. The only catch is that the
    laptop must have already been configured to connect to that network
    pior,...that is the only way that it can "know" that it is supposed to
    connect to that network and what the WEP/WPA key is supposed to be. In
    other words it has to be a "known" network before it can connect to it.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "__mlb__" wrote in message
    > The environment at the school district I work at uses shared laptops for
    > student use. These laptops move from classroom to classroom and from
    > student
    > to student. This requires the laptop to establish a wireless connection
    > PRIOR to student login.
    > I have tried the Intel Pro-Set Wireless software which has a pre-logon
    > option. However, this method is not reliable. Does anyone have an
    > environment such as this one and how do you establish your wireless
    > connection?

+ Reply to Thread