WiFi Security - Wireless

This is a discussion on WiFi Security - Wireless ; I am about to set up my Network with WPA Security. Does the Passphrase I create have to be entered each time I want to connect to the to the network? Thanks, Jim Brown...

  1. WiFi Security

    I am about to set up my Network with WPA Security. Does the
    Passphrase I create have to be entered each time I want to connect to the to
    the network?

    Thanks,
    Jim Brown

  2. Re: WiFi Security

    Jim Brown wrote:
    > I am about to set up my Network with WPA Security. Does the
    > Passphrase I create have to be entered each time I want to connect to the to
    > the network?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim Brown

    No.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  3. Re: WiFi Security

    Hi
    When you bring in a new computer you should first change it Group Name to
    match yours and configure their File Sharing.
    Do not get despaired if it does not work immediately some time its need few
    boots until all the information about the new computer propagates over you
    Network.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jim Brown" wrote in message
    > I am about to set up my Network with WPA Security. Does the
    > Passphrase I create have to be entered each time I want to connect to the
    > to the network?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim Brown

+ Reply to Thread