multiple WAP's - Wireless

This is a discussion on multiple WAP's - Wireless ; Hi, If we have multiple WAP's in our building, is the best way to set those up to put each one on a different channel? Will laptops seamlessly move between them with out dropping drives etc.? Thanks! --Randy Starkey...

  1. multiple WAP's

    Hi,

    If we have multiple WAP's in our building, is the best way to set those up
    to put each one on a different channel? Will laptops seamlessly move between
    them with out dropping drives etc.?

    Thanks!

    --Randy Starkey

  2. Re: multiple WAP's

    Hi
    Yap they should use the same SSID and put on different channels.
    There is No Perfect seamless but with good professional Access Points, it is
    seamlessly with occasional Hiccups.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    message news:13oiaq67jranl02@corp.supernews.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > If we have multiple WAP's in our building, is the best way to set those up
    > to put each one on a different channel? Will laptops seamlessly move
    > between them with out dropping drives etc.?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Randy Starkey

  3. Re: multiple WAP's

    OK. Cool. Got any favorite AP's? For either G or N. We currently use DLink
    2100's Tnx!

    > Hi
    > Yap they should use the same SSID and put on different channels.
    > There is No Perfect seamless but with good professional Access Points, it
    > is seamlessly with occasional Hiccups.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    > message news:13oiaq67jranl02@corp.supernews.com...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> If we have multiple WAP's in our building, is the best way to set those
    >> up to put each one on a different channel? Will laptops seamlessly move
    >> between them with out dropping drives etc.?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> --Randy Starkey

+ Reply to Thread