Problem with wireless Network Router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Problem with wireless Network Router - Wireless ; I have a Linksys Router connected on the my pc which uses Vista system, and other notebooks/ Laptops can see me, some uses Windowns XP and I can see them. The other PC can not see my PC, it uses ...

  1. Problem with wireless Network Router

    I have a Linksys Router connected on the my pc which uses Vista system, and
    other notebooks/ Laptops can see me, some uses Windowns XP and I can see
    them. The other PC can not see my PC, it uses Windows XP and Netgear wireless
    adapter (WG311T). The other thing is that we can print on the printer that is
    connected the same PC.

    I have called the netgear guys and they told me I must call the Cisco guy
    but they told me that the Router should see the wireless adpter's PC. Is
    there any thing I did wrong on my configuration? Or is the wireless adapter.

    Please Help

  2. Re: Problem with wireless Network Router

    Hi
    Issues like this usually are Not related to the Network hardware, it is
    matter of configure correctly File and printers Sharing on each computer.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Phimi Pienaar" Pienaar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Linksys Router connected on the my pc which uses Vista system, and
    > other notebooks/ Laptops can see me, some uses Windowns XP and I can see
    > them. The other PC can not see my PC, it uses Windows XP and Netgear
    > wireless
    > adapter (WG311T). The other thing is that we can print on the printer that
    > is
    > connected the same PC.
    >
    > I have called the netgear guys and they told me I must call the Cisco guy
    > but they told me that the Router should see the wireless adpter's PC. Is
    > there any thing I did wrong on my configuration? Or is the wireless
    > adapter.
    >
    > Please Help

+ Reply to Thread