Browser slows down at Linksys site - Wireless

This is a discussion on Browser slows down at Linksys site - Wireless ; Running WinXP SP2, IE7, 1 GB RAM, Pentium M 1.6 GHz, Norton IS 2008. Browesr does fine except on www.linksys.com . Once there, it seems as if any activity on my part results in excessive download of data, not necessarily ...

  1. Browser slows down at Linksys site

    Running WinXP SP2, IE7, 1 GB RAM, Pentium M 1.6 GHz, Norton IS 2008.

    Browesr does fine except on www.linksys.com .

    Once there, it seems as if any activity on my part results in excessive
    download of data, not necessarily new.

    In next room, I have a Win2K IE6 system which browses just fine at
    www.linksys.com .

    What's special about www.linksys.com?

    By comparison, www.dell.com and www.microsoft.com respond promptly.

    John

  2. Re: Browser slows down at Linksys site

    Hi
    Yeah Linksys site is slower.
    Why? Well try to ask them why they prefer to code the way they do.
    In any case as far as Windows is concern, of you use WinXP, or 2000 pro, you
    can try to optimize the TCP/IP Stack.
    Optimizing the TCP/IP Stack - http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "JohnF" wrote in message
    > Running WinXP SP2, IE7, 1 GB RAM, Pentium M 1.6 GHz, Norton IS 2008.
    >
    > Browesr does fine except on www.linksys.com .
    >
    > Once there, it seems as if any activity on my part results in excessive
    > download of data, not necessarily new.
    >
    > In next room, I have a Win2K IE6 system which browses just fine at
    > www.linksys.com .
    >
    > What's special about www.linksys.com?
    >
    > By comparison, www.dell.com and www.microsoft.com respond promptly.
    >
    > John