Install printer - Wireless

This is a discussion on Install printer - Wireless ; When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a wireless network I get error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a. What's up with that? Roger...

  1. Install printer

    When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a wireless
    network I get error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a.

    What's up with that?

    Roger

  2. Re: Install printer

    Hi
    It is not clear what you are trying to do.
    Please describe where and how the printer his installed now and how you are
    trying to install it to a Wireless Laptop.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "R" wrote in message
    > When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a wireless
    > network I get error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a.
    >
    > What's up with that?
    >
    > Roger

  3. Re: Install printer

    Thank you for the answer Jack.
    I have a laptop, connected to a router via a wireless network.
    I also have a desktop conneted to the router via an ethernet cable.
    I have a HP printer conneted to the desktop via a USB cable.
    What I want to do is install the HP printer to my laptop so I can print
    whenever the desktop is started and connected.
    I hope that will explain my problem better.

    Roger

    > Hi
    > It is not clear what you are trying to do.
    > Please describe where and how the printer his installed now and how you
    > are trying to install it to a Wireless Laptop.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "R" wrote in message
    >> When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a
    >> wireless network I get error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a.
    >>
    >> What's up with that?
    >>
    >> Roger

  4. Re: Install printer

    Hi
    I am not familiar with your specific Printer.
    In principle you have to configures the printer on the Desktop to be able to
    Share.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

    Then use the control panel/printer in the laptop to add the printer choose
    to add a network share printer and install the printer's drivers on the
    laptop.
    Some printers might be installed differently consult the printer's manual
    for more specific instructions.

    Your printer is All in One device some of these devices can share only the
    printer. I.e. the Cop, Fax,, Scanner, etc. might not work over the network.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "R" wrote in message
    > Thank you for the answer Jack.
    > I have a laptop, connected to a router via a wireless network.
    > I also have a desktop conneted to the router via an ethernet cable.
    > I have a HP printer conneted to the desktop via a USB cable.
    > What I want to do is install the HP printer to my laptop so I can print
    > whenever the desktop is started and connected.
    > I hope that will explain my problem better.
    >
    > Roger
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> It is not clear what you are trying to do.
    >> Please describe where and how the printer his installed now and how you
    >> are trying to install it to a Wireless Laptop.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "R" wrote in message
    >>> When I try to install a HP PSC 1600 printer to my laptop trough a
    >>> wireless network I get error messages: 0x0000046a or 0x0000003a.
    >>>
    >>> What's up with that?
    >>>
    >>> Roger

  5. Re: Install printer

    Here's an article I found under another post that solved the problem for me.
    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > I am not familiar with your specific Printer.
    > In principle you have to configures the printer on the Desktop to be able to
    > Share.
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    >
    > Then use the control panel/printer in the laptop to add the printer choose
    > to add a network share printer and install the printer's drivers on the
    > laptop.
    > Some printers might be installed differently consult the printer's manual
    > for more specific instructions.
    >
    > Your printer is All in One device some of these devices can share only the
    > printer. I.e. the Cop, Fax,, Scanner, etc. might not work over the network.
    >
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "R" wrote in message
    > > Thank you for the answer Jack.
    > > I have a laptop, connected to a router via a wireless network.
    > > I also have a desktop conneted to the router via an ethernet cable.
    > > I have a HP printer conneted to the desktop via a USB cable.
    > > What I want to do is install the HP printer to my laptop so I can print
    > > whenever the desktop is started and connected.
    > > I hope that will explain my problem better.
    > >
    > > Roger
    > >

    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >> It is not clear what you are trying to do.
    > >> Please describe where and how the printer his installed now and how you
    > >> are trying to install it to a Wireless Laptop.
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>
    > >> "R" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread