Can't access network computer - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't access network computer - Wireless ; Hello all, I have two computers connected to a wireless network but they don't see each other anymore. Up till yesterday the two systems were able to share files, printers etc., now they don't see each other. I checked the ...

  1. Can't access network computer

    Hello all,

    I have two computers connected to a wireless network but they don't see each
    other anymore. Up till yesterday the two systems were able to share files,
    printers etc., now they don't see each other. I checked the following:

    1. Both are in the same workgroup.
    2. Simple file sharing turned off in Windows Explorer on both.
    3. Windows Firewall file/printer sharing checked on both machines.
    4. Sharing enabled for drives and folders on both machines.

    Anyone care to suggest other places to look please feel free.

    -S

  2. Re: Can't access network computer

    "Scientific" wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have two computers connected to a wireless network but they don't see
    > each
    > other anymore. Up till yesterday the two systems were able to share
    > files,
    > printers etc., now they don't see each other. I checked the following:
    >
    > 1. Both are in the same workgroup.
    > 2. Simple file sharing turned off in Windows Explorer on both.
    > 3. Windows Firewall file/printer sharing checked on both machines.
    > 4. Sharing enabled for drives and folders on both machines.
    >
    > Anyone care to suggest other places to look please feel free.
    >
    > -S

    Make certain that there is only one firewall program running on each
    computer.
    Jim

  3. RE: Can't access network computer

    Hello again,

    I solved my problem reading other posts in this forum. I ran the Network
    Setup Wizard on the local machine and now both computers can see each other
    again.

    -S

    "Scientific" wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have two computers connected to a wireless network but they don't see each
    > other anymore. Up till yesterday the two systems were able to share files,
    > printers etc., now they don't see each other. I checked the following:
    >
    > 1. Both are in the same workgroup.
    > 2. Simple file sharing turned off in Windows Explorer on both.
    > 3. Windows Firewall file/printer sharing checked on both machines.
    > 4. Sharing enabled for drives and folders on both machines.
    >
    > Anyone care to suggest other places to look please feel free.
    >
    > -S

+ Reply to Thread