A fun mystery - Wireless

This is a discussion on A fun mystery - Wireless ; Ok Folks, I have got a good one for you. My mom is staying for the winter in a rvpark/cabin resort in Texas. She has a cell phone with Virgin. Everyday at 8:15am, her phone rings for no apparent reason. ...

  1. A fun mystery

    Ok Folks,
    I have got a good one for you.
    My mom is staying for the winter in a rvpark/cabin resort in Texas. She has
    a cell phone with Virgin. Everyday at 8:15am, her phone rings for no
    apparent reason. She just switched phones, still with Virgin,just for a
    better phone. The new one does the same thing. She borrowed a friends phone,
    that has a different network, and that phone did the same thing. She
    borrowed the phone of the owner, who has Verizon, and it did the same thing.
    There is a wireless network for all the rvers' laptops,etc, and we suspect
    that, but have no way of confirming it. All this takes place in just my
    mom's cabin, all the other phones don't ring unless they are in my mom's
    cabin.
    Anyone want to venture a guess, and also a way to prove or confirm it.
    Thanks

  2. Re: A fun mystery

    JS wrote:
    > Ok Folks,
    > I have got a good one for you.
    > My mom is staying for the winter in a rvpark/cabin resort in Texas. She has
    > a cell phone with Virgin. Everyday at 8:15am, her phone rings for no
    > apparent reason. She just switched phones, still with Virgin,just for a
    > better phone. The new one does the same thing. She borrowed a friends phone,
    > that has a different network, and that phone did the same thing. She
    > borrowed the phone of the owner, who has Verizon, and it did the same thing.
    > There is a wireless network for all the rvers' laptops,etc, and we suspect
    > that, but have no way of confirming it. All this takes place in just my
    > mom's cabin, all the other phones don't ring unless they are in my mom's
    > cabin.
    > Anyone want to venture a guess, and also a way to prove or confirm it.
    > Thanks

    You'll probably have a better chance of getting an answer from
    alt.cellular (or one of the provider subgroups), comp.dcom.telecom or
    comp.dcom.telecom.tech

    Or perhaps alt.paranormal

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  3. RE: A fun mystery

    Have you considered that the phones are bluetooth and that the bluetooth is
    enabled on all the phones? Usually, this is odd for all the phones to have
    the bluetooth enabled.

    Just a thought.

    "JS" wrote:

    > Ok Folks,
    > I have got a good one for you.
    > My mom is staying for the winter in a rvpark/cabin resort in Texas. She has
    > a cell phone with Virgin. Everyday at 8:15am, her phone rings for no
    > apparent reason. She just switched phones, still with Virgin,just for a
    > better phone. The new one does the same thing. She borrowed a friends phone,
    > that has a different network, and that phone did the same thing. She
    > borrowed the phone of the owner, who has Verizon, and it did the same thing.
    > There is a wireless network for all the rvers' laptops,etc, and we suspect
    > that, but have no way of confirming it. All this takes place in just my
    > mom's cabin, all the other phones don't ring unless they are in my mom's
    > cabin.
    > Anyone want to venture a guess, and also a way to prove or confirm it.
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread