MAC address change/spoof trouble - Wireless

This is a discussion on MAC address change/spoof trouble - Wireless ; Hi all, I've been trying to change me MAC address on my wireless adapter using variuos methods, changed the Network Address in the properties of the adapter in Device Manager and using a cmd line utility as well as via ...

  1. MAC address change/spoof trouble

    Hi all,

    I've been trying to change me MAC address on my wireless adapter using
    variuos methods, changed the Network Address in the properties of the
    adapter in Device Manager and using a cmd line utility as well as via the
    registry. Trouble is when you use the getmac cmd in Command Line it returns
    the adapters true MAC address and not the spoofed one. It also shows the
    true MAC address on the wireless router I'm connected to. Even after a
    reboot it's the same problem.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

  2. Re: MAC address change/spoof trouble

    Hi
    Why do you need to change MAC of a Wireless Card?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mac Attack" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've been trying to change me MAC address on my wireless adapter using
    > variuos methods, changed the Network Address in the properties of the
    > adapter in Device Manager and using a cmd line utility as well as via the
    > registry. Trouble is when you use the getmac cmd in Command Line it
    > returns the adapters true MAC address and not the spoofed one. It also
    > shows the true MAC address on the wireless router I'm connected to. Even
    > after a reboot it's the same problem.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread