DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives - Wireless

This is a discussion on DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives - Wireless ; Hi, I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop, an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not. Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest firmware. July 2007 ...

  1. DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    Hi,

    I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop, an
    HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.

    Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
    firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.

    Thanks,

    Randy Starkey

  2. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    Which OS is you using?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    message news:13nqm96ajq4hd7d@corp.supernews.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop,
    > an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.
    >
    > Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
    > firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Randy Starkey

  3. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    > Which OS is you using?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    > message news:13nqm96ajq4hd7d@corp.supernews.com...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop,
    >> an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.
    >>
    >> Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
    >> firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Randy Starkey

  4. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for NIC?

    --

    message news:13ntfcn25peu2c1@corp.supernews.com...
    > Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers
    >

    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >> Which OS is you using?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>

    >> "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    >> message news:13nqm96ajq4hd7d@corp.supernews.com...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop,
    >>> an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
    >>> firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Randy Starkey

  5. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
    wired connection.

    So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and not
    just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to a
    workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.

    Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
    about this?

    Thanks!

    --Randy Starkey

    > have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for NIC?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    > message news:13ntfcn25peu2c1@corp.supernews.com...
    >> Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers
    >>

    >> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >>> Which OS is you using?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
    >>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
    >>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>>

    >>> "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    >>> message news:13nqm96ajq4hd7d@corp.supernews.com...

  6. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
    with the result.

    configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
    AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15 minutes.
    If you have more computers need to access ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm

    --

    message news:13o30d2nier90ce@corp.supernews.com...
    > Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
    > wired connection.
    >
    > So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and
    > not just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to
    > a workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.
    >
    > Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
    > about this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Randy Starkey
    >

    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >> have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for
    >> NIC?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>

    >> "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    >> message news:13ntfcn25peu2c1@corp.supernews.com...
    >>> Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers
    >>>

    >>> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message

  7. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    Hmmm... Very interesting. I should be under 10 connections, but if the
    default is 15 minutes, then it could be disconnecting. Any way to change
    the time to never disconnect? Any way to increase the number of connections
    XP (my workstations are XP Pro) will accept at any one time?

    Thanks much!

    --Randy Starkey

    > It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
    > with the result.
    >
    > configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
    > AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15 minutes.
    > If you have more computers need to access ...
    > http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm
    >

    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    > message news:13o30d2nier90ce@corp.supernews.com...
    >> Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
    >> wired connection.
    >>
    >> So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and
    >> not just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to
    >> a workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.
    >>
    >> Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
    >> about this?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> --Randy Starkey
    >>

    >> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >>> have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for
    >>> NIC?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
    >>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
    >>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>>

    >>> "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    >>> message news:13ntfcn25peu2c1@corp.supernews.com...

  8. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    No, the autodisconnect or 10 connection are different. Even in the domain
    that can have hundred and hundred connection you may still have
    autodisconnect issue.

    --

    message news:13o4ndgthjs5n78@corp.supernews.com...
    > Hmmm... Very interesting. I should be under 10 connections, but if the
    > default is 15 minutes, then it could be disconnecting. Any way to change
    > the time to never disconnect? Any way to increase the number of
    > connections XP (my workstations are XP Pro) will accept at any one time?
    >
    > Thanks much!
    >
    > --Randy Starkey
    >

    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >> It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
    >> with the result.
    >>
    >> configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
    >> AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15
    >> minutes. If you have more computers need to access ...
    >> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>

    >> "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    >> message news:13o30d2nier90ce@corp.supernews.com...
    >>> Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
    >>> wired connection.
    >>>
    >>> So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and
    >>> not just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped
    >>> to a workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.
    >>>
    >>> Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
    >>> about this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> --Randy Starkey
    >>>

    >>> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message

  9. Re: DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

    OK. I wonder if I can set a large number of minutes? I'll see what a search
    brings up on it. Thanks!

    > No, the autodisconnect or 10 connection are different. Even in the domain
    > that can have hundred and hundred connection you may still have
    > autodisconnect issue.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    > message news:13o4ndgthjs5n78@corp.supernews.com...
    >> Hmmm... Very interesting. I should be under 10 connections, but if the
    >> default is 15 minutes, then it could be disconnecting. Any way to change
    >> the time to never disconnect? Any way to increase the number of
    >> connections XP (my workstations are XP Pro) will accept at any one time?
    >>
    >> Thanks much!
    >>
    >> --Randy Starkey
    >>

    >> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >>> It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post
    >>> back with the result.
    >>>
    >>> configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
    >>> AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15
    >>> minutes. If you have more computers need to access ...
    >>> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
    >>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
    >>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>>

    >>> "Randy Starkey" wrote in
    >>> message news:13o30d2nier90ce@corp.supernews.com...

+ Reply to Thread